“Great paced walking tour of Lockerbie”
Review of Active Indy Tours

Active Indy Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering daily, guided walking, running and biking tours of Indianapolis. Casually paced, our tours are the perfect way to explore the history, public art and many surprises Indianapolis has to offer. Be Active. See Indy.
Indiana, USA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great paced walking tour of Lockerbie”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great tour for both locals and visitors. Highly recommended. TIP: be sure to use toilet ahead of time; bring water; wear comfortable shoes. This would make a great gift for the hard to buy-for people, too.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JSVTR

Westfield, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We learned so much about Indpls War Memorials!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

What a wonderful tour. Our guide was exceptional - well informed and always held our interest. It was a beautiful walk, at leisurely pace. There is so much to learn about Indianapolis and this is a very pleasant way to do it! We intend to do the Lockerbie / Mass Ave walk next.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bill S
Aurora, Illinois
“Central Canal Walking Tour”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I did the Central Canal & White River State Park Walking Tour with Nathan. This tour was a wonderful way to see this beautiful area of Indianapolis. It was interesting and informative and Nathan was a wonderful guide. We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon walk.

Avon, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Every Indy resident and every tourist needs to take this tour!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked a private tour for my husband and I. It was 3 hours long on a Sunday afternoon, 1-4pm. Even though the high was 90 that day, it was quite pleasant on the ride. This tour made me love Indianapolis! I learned so much and the guide was awesome! I wish I had done this when I first moved here 8 years ago. Now I am hooked on the Cultural Trail, so cool!!

Greenfield, Indiana
“Sunday Ride”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hi! I'm Mike. My wife Penny and I recently road our bikes on the Active Indy Tour throughout Indy. Nathan was our tour guide. You would want to ask for Nathan, if you should choose this trip. He was very knowledgeable about the history of Indy and the special landmarks you will see. Nathan gives this info an interesting twist. He rapped a piece of poetry for us and introduced us to one of the greatest Indy rappers of all time, James Whit. (who ???) We were lucky enough to take the ride on one of the best days of weather Indy can have. The only thing this tour was missing was a larger group to share this experience with. When the tour was finished, my wife and I enjoyed a tasty lunch at an outside cafe. We are presently trying to gather a group of friends to enjoy this tour with. Don't just take my word for it, get on that bicycle seat and see for yourself!