“Great food, friendly service, and free parking”
Review of Sahm's Tavern

Sahm's Tavern
Ranked #443 of 2,410 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I probably eat here every couple of weeks for many reasons. We have tried many things on the menu and have not been disappointed. We especially recommend the shrimp cigars, stuffed mushrooms, and the tenderloin sandwich. If you are there before 6 or after 9 they have small plate specials for under $3. It is a locally-owned place. The staff is very friendly and many of them have been there for years. Another big perk is the free parking which is very convenient and a great find in downtown Indy.

1  Thank tanda367

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Located in the heart of downtown but enough out of the way that parking is super easy. This is a great choice to enjoy a great breaded pork tenderloin or signature salad (served with a slice of their famous sour cream coffee cake). They also have patio seating and full bar. The only downside of the location is that there's not much "people watching"; for that, you should try a restaurant on Massachusetts Avenue. My faves are the breaded tenderloin and the steak sandwich (served on a fresh-baked roll and au jus). TIP: Tenderloin and desserts there are outstanding. As of this writing, they are closed on Sundays.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Looking for a place to watch the England vs Italy World Cup match but stumbled on to so much more. Great food and wait staff. Props to Lee!!!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My girlfriend and I visited during the week of Devour Downtown. Neither of us had been to Sahm's Tavern before and we figured we would give it a shot. The experience was fantastic. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly. The food was better than expected. Both of our entrees were not from the normal menu so I was a little concerned initially, but they were both fantastic. Very pleasurable experience. We'll be back.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I visited just because I work close. The staff is not really friendly and don't seem to care if your breakfast is burnt. I ordered a bagel toasted and was overly well done. Should I really have to tell them it shouldn't be black then they put it in the to go container? I don't think so. This is a line of supposed high quality family restaurants in the Indy area. This one doesn't make me want to visit the others anytime soon.