“beautiful state park”

Fort Harrison State Park
Ranked #40 of 175 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: This 1700-acre park is chock-full of activities and history, housing a former World War II prisoner-of-war camp. Recreation includes fishing, bicycle trails, walking and jogging trails, horse trail rides and hayrides, picnicking and a nature center. Knowledgeable naturalists answer your questions and offer guided hikes and talks.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is a beautifully-kept park near Indianapolis. Trails, grounds, and picnic areas are well-maintained.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The horseback riding was awesome. The sunday brunch buffet was the best I have ever had. The have very scenic views from the lodge overlooking the golf course. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I think this is the only Indiana State Park I have went to that was a total disappointment. My 3yr. old grandson son said it was "Boring". This seems to be more a city park that has very little to do. We actually spent about 5 min. in the building the consider a Museum.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I loved that the food was steaming on my plate. Service was very old school even in the banquet setting. It felt calming.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

The Fort Harrison State Park better than I thought it would be. The city has done a great job transitioning the army base to a state park. My family had brunch at the Garrison restaurant, then checked out the beautiful park. A lot of woodland for a city park.