Motel 6 Indianapolis - Southport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$163
The Alexander(Indianapolis)
US$209
US$192
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Search and search for a reasonable hotel for race weekend since we were traveling from West Virginia (approx 9 hours) wanted to save money. What a gem. Price was low, staff was polite and rooms were really not that bad. Yes, not brand new - but clean, roomy and for the price we paid for a race weekend - well worth it. We would normally pay three times the price for a a 3 night say during a race weekend at other tracks. At least this hotel is doing right by race fans and not jacking up the prices. And only approx 16-18 miles from track. The staff was great - especially Nick - had to change room types before we got there and he made sure he took care of us - truly great customer service. Loved Melanie at front desk - very polite during check in and was even doing double duty one morning during breakfast and still with a smile. Check out was just as pleasant. And to add - several several restaurants to choosse from right there by the hotel. If we go back - won't even look for another hotel will just call this one.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor in the front - never notice any front noise or even above us
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We booked two rooms for about $60. For this price the hotel offered both breakfast and access to the pool. I was a bit nervous when we arrived because quite honestly the place is a dive from the outside. Be careful because there are many sidewalk areas that are badly in need of repair (if you use a wheelchair I might not recommend this hotel based on this fact--it's pretty bad). However, once we got into the building we found it to be very clean and the front desk went out of their way to call and make arrangements for us to swim at a hotel within walking distance when the pool was out of order. The kids really appreciated the free wifi that was offered. No password hassles. I was pleasantly surprised and would absolutely stay here again. That said, it was $60, so if you have more refined tastes it may not be for you. If you like bargains, this is a safe bet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

When we first entered hotel it smelled , the room smelled of smoke and it was a non smoking room, the bathroom door had a hole in it , my 11 year old son pulled down sheets to take nap and laid on bed and his back got WET!!! We moved rooms , the celling was stained with yellow marks and the walls and carpets had stains on them ...... This hotel needs to be condemned . It's nasty

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chad D
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

First time I stayed overnight at this location and will stay here again when in the area. The front desk checked me in quickly. The room was an excellent value. I requested for the A/C to be turned on and it was. If you like cold, this room was cold as I like it. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the internet was super fast. The breakfast had a variety from hot to cold it was good choices. Check out was speedy as well. If you are in the area, I recommend staying here, it's the right value for any budget. Plus there are plenty of restaurants close by to chose from, ranging from fast food to full service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a reservation for race weekend. I was unable to make the reservation but my son was able to come anyway. Clean and close to restaurants. Staff very friendly and helpful to him in my absence. They made staying there very easy and convenient. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014