“Wouldn't normally stay here, but they take pets”

Motel 6 Indianapolis - Southport
Ranked #121 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Beggers can't be choosers when you're traveling with pets, but when the Country Inn across the parking lot turned us away because of our dog (which we had mentioned in our reservation), this place worked fine as a backup. It's not the greatest motel, but it's was half the price of the Country Inn across the parking lot. And since all we needed was a bed for a stop-over, it worked fine. This is not a place I would recommend for multiple nights. But if you're looking for a bed right off the highway at the "Crossroads of America" it works.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 May 2010

The hotel management is RUDE and COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL! I booked 10 rooms for our wrestling team and spoke with the manager Nick several times to make certain that our reservations were correct. As our group checked in throughout the day they all paid with their own credit card or cash. However, when I went to dinner that night my card was declined. I knew I ahd plenty of money on the card. So I called the bank. The hotel had charged my card as well as took cash and charged the others cards for the rooms. When I went to complain to the manager he just said over and over he didn't charge my card, the bank did! So now the bank randomly places charges on my card from the Quality Inn!! I think not!! When I called the 1-800 # for customer support the guy there told me the only thing he could do is let the manager of the establishment know my problem! I told him I already talked to the manager and the manager didn't help me. I said we are a group that books from your hotel chain 5-6 times a year I want to talk to someone other than a manager. He said that was the best he could do. Tthen he took my information again and had the nerve to ask, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" I said, "No, you didn't help me with this so I can't expect you to help me with anything else, Thank You!" Before I could hang up he called me a dumbass on the phone! We will never stay with this chain again I don't care how good of price I get on the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank pmarler
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Rude Mng. "Nick", double charged for room, rms. were filthy with dried blood on lightswitch, cob webs, stained sheets and blankets.
Breakfast was horrible, except for the store bought doughnuts.
Couldn't swim in the pool for the dead bugs and all the chlorine.
Threatened to call the cops to get a refund for the double charge was the only way of getting $ back. Stay away, pay extra for something else.
Oh Good Note-Bed and pillows were soft.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jedMidwest
Reviewed 30 September 2008

The hotel has fleas stay away!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hdavisccs
Reviewed 6 September 2008

We booked this hotel because our rental home was not ready and it is a pet friendly hotel.
We needed 2 rooms due to the size of our party, and they both were disgusting. The walls are dirty, the one room had food on the wall, the other one had some sort of make up smudged on the wall in the sink area, which I was able to wipe off, housekeeping didn't bother. My husband noticed one of the sheets on the beds wasn't on all the way and when he went to fix it, the mattress pad had a giant hand towel sized yellow stain on it---nasty!!!! The dresser in one room was missing handles and the chair had dirt on the arm rests, it appears they never cleaned them. The last straw was the yellow and brown stained grout around the toilet in the bathroom of the 2nd room. Not to mention the moldy grout in front of the showers in both rooms.
I have never stayed at a place so dirty. The wallpaper in the hallways was torn in several places or had gotten wet and did not stick to the walls any longer. If this is a franchise hotel, it is very clear the owner could care less about cleanliness or updating the hotel.
When my hubby demanded a refund, a roach walked across the lobby. The clerk acted appalled, but I can only guess this is a regular occurence here.
I feel bad writing such a poor review but this place deserves it in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mom*of*skiers
Reviewed 14 February 2008

Indianapolis, Indiana Quality Inn & Suites.
4345 Southport Crossing Way

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites the night of February 8th 2008. We stayed there because it was one of the host hotels for the gymnastic meet being held on the 8,9 and 10 of February 2008.
When we arrived there around 8pm we checked in and we were assigned a room, room103. The room was to be a non smoking King suite. When we entered the room the smell from old cigarette smoke could knock you over and the suite had one bed and two chairs. We complained to the front desk and the person behind the desk stated that " I forgot we took one of the beds out".
We were then sent to a different suite, room 303. When we entered the room everything appeared to be ok. The carpet was a little dirty, but it got worst. The bath tub had two live spiders with spider webs in it. I killed the spiders, so we could use the shower. I then went to turn on the television, and it did not work. I called down to the desk and talked to a male employee and asked if the television could be fixed? He replied "he could not fix or replace the television but we could check out and stay at a different hotel." He then said "I can put you in another room" which would have been our third room. I asked to speak to a manager he replied there is not one on duty. We booked this room in November 2007, because the other hotels in the area were booked up due to the gymnastic meet. We had little choice but to stay.
I am so glad we traveled with our own blankets an pillows because four of the six pillows in the room were to dirty to use. One of the pillows had a big orange red stain on it along with a long black hair. The other dirty pillows had black spots all over them, it looked like dried black mold. I then pulled out the sofa sleeper. There were no sheets or blankets for the mattress anywhere in the room, and the mattress was filthy. So the sleeper could not be used. Due to the filth we were afraid to use the rooms blankets and pillows so we used our own.
At that point we called the corporate office and spoke with a very nice friendly person that went out or her way to make us feel happy. The person from the corporate office advised that the corporate office would be contacting us by February 12, 2008. Corporate has not contacted us as of the 14th. On the 14th of February we received a letter from the Indianapolis Quality Inn & Suites. The letter stated I apoligize for the problems you experienced and appreciate the comments so that immediate changes can be made.
After our experience at this hotel I would not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank gymtraveler305
Reviewed 12 August 2006

Stayed July 15, 2006 Room 105

The only GOOD thing I can say about this hotel is that the bed was comfortable. Not enough that we'd ever stay there again.

Our room was about 15 yards away from the front desk, but they just ignored the fact that people were yelling and pounding on doors from 11PM till after midnight! We had to get up at 6AM!!

Then there is the fact that there were NO shelves in the bathroom. We stayed in the same hotel about 2 yrs earlier and complained about that fact. Their moronic response was "it's a handicapped bathroom". Duh? Don't handicapped people brush their teeth, shave or put on makeup?
Never again!!

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank busybeaver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Courtyard Indianapolis South
Best Western Indianapolis South
#49 of 185 in Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South

Been to Motel 6 Indianapolis - Southport? Share your experiences!