Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
US$192
US$215
US$144
  • Restaurant
All reviewslucas oil stadiumtv selectionconvention centerdirectly across the streetcinnamon rollson site parkingroom was cleanwould stay here againyogurtfront desk staffattending an eventlong weekendnice hotelfree shuttlevictory fieldfree breakfasthot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel is accross from the Colts stadium. it is downtown and close to everything.
The only issue I had with this hotel is 2 times I called before my scheduled date and verified if they were with in a block of conseco fieldhouse, i was told both times YES! and in fact NO they were not., they were 8-10 blocks from my concert. the hotel offered us a free shuttle to the event beacuse I was given wrong infomation. I felt this was a good fix. I dont know what else they could of done. I was very satisfied with this option and I tool them up on it. The hotel was nice and clean updated and the staff was very nice and considerate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This hotel was in our price range and we got more than we expected. The complimentary breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. It was within walking distance of the centre circle mall and the bus to the airport was across the street. The staff were great. They let us check in early (7am) because we had just gotten off a plane from Sydney-LA and were exhausted! The room was comfortable and the bed and other room amentities were also good. The wired internet access was also great. Only downside was the noise. traffic in the morning was loud and there is a freight train that runs through the city so you can hear it from most areas.

Room Tip: Lots of optional amenities such as a laundry service. Big TV and a good heater/air con system in the room. The carpet was a bit sticky.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyhang
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Reserved the room through the 1-866 reservation line. Operator told me that they only had one HIE in all of Indianapolis. We drove by two on our way to this one!
Upon arrival there were four or five scantily clad young ladies sitting on the sidewalk drinking beer outside the front door. It was approximately 12:30 am. My daughter and I were informed that there was no parking near the hotel and that we had to park a block away. It would cost $12.00. My daughter had already unpacked the bags onto the rolling valet so I took the car to the garage myself. Not a great idea! Midnight and city alleyways was not very safe.
The night manager was not courteous at all. When I expressed my concerns about the parking situation he said, "You haven't competely checked in yet, you could go somplace elsse you know." I assured him that at 12:30 am I wasn't going to be looking for another hotel.
We arrived at our room which was clean, no complaints there but as we were opening the door a pack of teenagers in the bathing suits ran down the hallway screaming obscenities and nearly knocked us down. I assume that these creatures didn't get any sleep that night because every ten minutes or so they would return to our hallway, running, laughing, screaming and knocking on doors. I called the manager who said he couldn't control everyone in the hotel, but he would try to find them. Needless to say, they were smarter and much more energetic that he was and they continued to run rampant. My 17 yr old daughter went out into the hallway at 4:00 am and took care of the little hoodlums.
Did I forget to mention the poor screaming baby above us on the fourth floor? Poor kid must have been there by him or herself because no one could stop the crying...
After getting absolutely NO SLEEP, we check out at 6:30 am.
I personally checked out returning the keys with eye contact and was never asked about our stay or anything.. I would NOT recommend this particular HIE to anyone, ever.
I wrote to HOliday Inn to alret them to this problem, who sent my concerns on to the specific HIE's management... guess what? I haven't heard a thing. What did I expect? Somehow we have lost the whole concept of service business and what they really should be doing for their paying customers.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank maripotter
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This was an average Holiday Inn Express. It was very conveniently located to the event we were attending, shopping, and restaurants. There was a fee to park, but it was comparable to the nearby parking garages and had in/out privileges. We walked everywhere since the location was right in the middle of everything we wanted to do/see. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean although it had a very strong chlorine smell. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and a nice size. Overall a good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I will start my review by saying that there is no reason for my family to not return here again. The location is of this property is very easy to find and they have on site parking directly out the front door. There is a $12 parking fee each night. The front desk staff was very easy to talk with and we had no problems with unanswered questions. The entire staff for that matter was professional and polite throughout our entire stay. Our room was a double bed room with Lucas Oil Stadium directly out our 6th floor window. The room was very clean, neat and in order when we arrived. The beds were very comfortable and the A/C unit worked the entire time. There wasn't a fridge or microwave in our room. The pool was on the small side although while we stayed at this hotel there was never more then 4 people including us in the pool at one time. The hot tub was normal size however the jets didn't work for us during our stay. The pool area was clean and well kept. The workout room was equipped with several pieces of equipment of which I used the elliptical machine for a half hour one night and watched tv in the workout room. It was clean and well kept. The continental breakfast was the reason I gave this hotel a 4 instead of a 3. There was alot of different items to chose from and every item was fresh and had good taste. Overall, a clean hotel with polite and friendly staff means there isn't a reason for me to not bring my family back. However, we will probably try another downtown hotel if and when we return to Indy. If you are coming for a football game this is the hotel to book as it is right across the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family