Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
Ranked #45 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff was super friendly and the rooms were nice, i wish my room wasnt so far from the elevator but other than that everything was good. Breakfast was really good as well, and the wifi was strong, i will def be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your review. You mentioned the amenities that are most important to our guests--a friendly staff, a tasty complimentary breakfast, and reliable, good wi-fi service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and we look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suite, located adjacent to Lucas Oil Stadium and the NFL Colts!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I spent one night, having come to town on business. I had a King Suite with a view of the Lucas Oil Stadium outside my window. The room was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. The bathroom was large with plenty of counter space to spread things out. I really appreciated the soft towels which are rare in a hotel. I also was glad that the fan wasn't as loud as a freight train which often happens - it was nice and soft. I did notice outside noises, but then how could you ignore a fire truck? The parking is rather awkward since it is limited surface parking, and the garage parking is on a street behind the hotel. You have to walk around the corner to get to and from your car. The desk people were all very welcoming and friendly. The free breakfast was good - scrambled eggs, fruit, varied breads and rolls, juice and coffee. I was surprised to see plastic silverware which I really dislike, but I assume the food is brought in since I don't think the hotel has a kitchen. The breakfast was good, the breakfast room was large enough for couples or families to find a seat, and you can have all you want. There is a small restaurant at another hotel behind this one but I heard they ran out of food and beer around 10 on a Friday night. The hotel was very busy due to an event at the stadium, but the hotel was very quiet. I would be happy to stay here again - it's in a great location right in the center of town. I'm sure it is extremely popular when the Colts are playing at home.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor in the front of the hotel. Very quiet except for street noise and Lu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for your great review. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and it is gratifying to know that we achieved it! Glad you liked our clean rooms and fluffy towels and our tasty complimentary breeakfast.

We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites City Centre!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here on July 28th, excellent and clean room. The wi fi wasn't working, but made up for it with very clean rooms. I had to compliment the breakfast area staff on July 29th, I left my iPad there, and when I returned it was taken in the back by the staff. Needless to say, I was pretty nervous but thanks to the excellent staff, it was returned to me. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank twinsdad5454
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Caring about our guests is our business! When the breakfast staff noticed that you had left your iPad behind; they knew you would miss it so they turned it in to the front desk for safe keeping. Thus, we could reassure you when you called that it was safe and in good hands. We are happy this situation had a happy conclusion.

Really glad that you liked our hotel! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The location was convenient for the Indy Food Show however, I was surprised that there was no convenient place to eat within walking distance. The restaurant next door stopped serving dinner at 9 PM but I would stay ther again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Please feel free to check with our front desk staff for restaurant recommendations. Tavern on South is the closest to us, but if you are willilng to walk a couple of blocks. We also have a list of restaurants that will deliver to the hotel.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express! We hope you will stay with us the next time that you visit Indy!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed 3 times at this venue, whilst we were on the POWRi and Indiana Midget Speedway week tour.
Our rooms were lovely and the ladies, at the front desk, were so helpful. We requested a room, with a kitchenette, for our 3rd stay and all was in place when we arrived!
Chelsea, the Manager, was very kind to us, when we experienced some trouble with missing passports - thanks again, Chelsea!

Room Tip: Ask the Front desk, when you book, for a room with one larger bed plus a kitchenette, rather than a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your great review. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay here. I will share your comments with the front desk; they always love when guests compliment them on a job well done.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was a last minute choice for one night in Indy. The hotel is right across the street from Lucas Oil Stadium, and just a few blocks from downtown. Our room was clean and spacious. The kids enjoyed the pool. The hot breakfast was especially nice. We're in Indy with some frequency, and usually stay farther north; but I think we've found a new favorite.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have a great view of the stadium.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

We will be happy to be your new home when visiting Indy! Thank you for your review and spreading the word about our hotel! We truly want our guests to have a positive experience with us and it is gratifying to hear that you and your family did.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Traveled to Indianapolis for a weekend getaway with friends. Wanted a hotel close to downtown but did not want to spend a fortune. Found a good rate on line but booked via the hotels front desk. (Have not had to best of luck with Holiday Inn Corporate Web booking.) We were very pleased with how big our room was and how clean. Front desk staff was nice but have to say they too messed up our reservations. Nothing that could not be fixed and were happy to take care of our request. Would suggest the front desk listen more than speak in the future, but the few mistakes would not keep us from staying with them again.

Room Tip: Always ask for the top floor away from elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. We always recommend booking directly with a hotel because we can provide personal service not available thru the internet. I have shared your comments about the front desk listening more closely with them. We truly care about our guests and this is one way for them to get even better.

Glad you liked our location!

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!