“Great location, but cleaniness is not their priority”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
Ranked #52 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This hotel is very convenietly located right across from the Colts stadium and within walking distance of many attractions. We were excited when we arrived. However that excitment faded when our daughter took out a blanket and found it covered in long hairs. More hairs were found on the bed spread and on the bathroom floor. When confronted the front desk, they said the hotel was full but they would send up someone to sweep. They said it would be an hour because their cleaning person was also their shuttle driver. Several hours later we were still waiting. We once again went to the front desk and was told the cleaning person had left for the evening. They offered us new sheets but said we would have to put them on ourselves. They also made the comment that "Like most hotels, we wash our comforters quarterly"...there is a "comforting" thought!
All in all, the staff did not seem suprised about the issue and really showed no eagerness to set it right. They did provide a slight discount to our bill, but I would have rather paid full price for a clean room!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank stones2125
CityCentreHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2009

Our apologies for your recent stay - it was clearly not up to the standards we expect at the hotel. Following the completion of our hotel renovation earlier this year the entire staff has a renewed sense of pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations for every guest.

Unfortunately this pride was not extended to you. Thank you for letting us know about your experience as this provides the entire staff with new ways to improve guest service and satisfaction. The staff of the Holiday Inn Express takes guest feedback very seriously and will do whatever it takes to correct our errors.

If there is something else we can do to rectify your recent stay, please do not hesitate to ask! The last thing we want is for a guest to leave the hotel less than happy with their recent stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2009

I stayed here for my bachelorette party and loved it! It's a great hotel for friends and casual trips to the city. It's within 10 blocks of the bars, so it would be a cheap cab ride if you couldn't make it back. It's right next to Lucas Oil, so it'd be perfect for games and concerts. The rooms were perfectly clean, staff friendly, parking was more affordable than central downtown garages, and it was quiet and comfortable. I've had great experiences with Holiday Inns in other cities, so it's nice to see they are on the same level in my home city.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2009

All I can say is Location, Location, Location. I looked out my second story window and all I could see was Lucas Oil Stadium. If you are attending an event at the stadium or Consenco Fieldhouse you could not make a better choice. Indoor pool, breakfast, hot tub and new parking garage. Parking is $10 per day in either the lot or structure. My studio suite was clean and like new. The place was packed with NCAA fans from the stadium and I never heard a peep from anyone while in my room. I did not come to Indy for the games, I just explored downtown. Great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2009

My husband is staying at the hotel for a 5 day convention and has stayed there for the past 2 years for the same event.This morning at breakfast a very nice staff member completely dished his breakfast plate and when they asked if he would like anything else he told them that he was going to grab another plate for his buisness partner. They completely dished him another full plate! He was amazed. He didn't expect to get waited on. Since he would be gone over Valentine's Day I was desperately trying to find him a small gift that he wouldn't have to pack home. I contacted the hotel via email to see if they could help me out. Amazingly the promptly wrote back first thing in the morning. This is what I got,"We would be happy to assist. Please advise what you would like for us to pick up, and I will have someone on my staff take care of this. Regards, Christine Robinson General Manager"
All I can say is wow!
He also says that the beds and pillows are very comfortable. He is an avid business traveler and it it rare to hear him praise a hotel. Way to go HIexpress

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2008

Very friendly and accommodating when we came to hotel. Because the NFL game was across the street we couldn't check in until after 4pm because so many rooms needed to be cleaned, but they gave us parking pass so we could stay in hotel. Friendly in evening too, but front desk look tired in the morning when we checked out. Which I totally understand. I will be staying again at the hotel when I fly out for another Colts NFL game.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I stayed at this hotel on business and it was booked through Hotwire. It was clean and new. I arrived late at nite to check in to my room and left in the morning. The lobby was pleasant and the breakfast was adequate to get some morning food. The location seemed nice especially for the football games although if you're looking for something near the city circle center, this would not be the place. It was fine though, I was satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2008

I went to this hotel for a birthday weekend with two friends. It was clean, the staff were friendly and we had a good time. It has FREE on-site parking, which I think is always a plus for a downtown hotel. If you are going to Indy for an event in the RCA Dome or Lucas Oil Stadium, you can't get much closer than this. Lucas Oil Stadium is literally across the street, and RCA Dome is about a 2 block walk.

The pool was clean with ample towels. The room was clean too.

The hot breakfast was not as good as advertised on TV (they never are). They were out of scrambled eggs and bananas (the only fresh fruit option) by the time we got down there each morning (about 9am), which was disappointing. Did have ample bagels, bread, muffins, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, and beverages.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends