“very nice, right next to stadium”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Niagara
“very nice, right next to stadium”
Reviewed 1 May 2010

our room was exceptionally clean, the hotel looks totally refurbished, right across the street from the stadium and there is a parking lot at the hotel (paid parking). Normal HI Express branding, although the front desk staff could have been friendlier. There is wifi in the lobby, but our room had only wired internet, so only one of us could use our laptops ; the other had to purchase internet from a third party @ $15/day. This was disappointing.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
here8050
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We stayed here on a brief trip to Indy. We checked in on a Thursdays night. The hotel is newly renovated and it looks very nice. The rooms were spacious and clean and the lobby was kept tidy as well. The breakfast was typical and decent for a hotel comp breakfast. The desk staff was very friendly. The only problem I had is that the street noise was very loud on Friday morning. I probably wouldn't want to stay here during the week bc the one side of the hotel sits on a major street, right next to a stop light. So on a busy workday you are woke up bright and early around 5:30/6am by the sounds of loud traffic, horns and engines. I am a light sleeper and we have small children so this was a problem for me. I will rectify by saying that on Saturday morning it was quiet but I assume it is because no one works on the weekends. Lucas Field was directly across the street so I can only assume if there was a game or concert or other event it would be very loud as well. Obviously this is not the hotels fault it is just the location of the hotel.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank here8050
CityCentreHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, 14 April 2010
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel! We recently completed a million dollar renovation so we love to know our guests have noticed.

We would love for you to visit us again in the future! With a downtown location, light sleepers can hear some traffic noise in just a few of our guest rooms. A helpful tip: please feel free to request an "even numbered room" prior to your next arrival. These rooms face away from Lucas Oil Stadium.

Thank you again for staying with us!
East Alton, Illinois
Reviewed 13 February 2010

this is a very good, very clean place full of nice employees!!!

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Hartland, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Stayed here during the IMIS event at the convention center. This hotel is pretty new and directly across from The Lucas Oil Stadium. Check-in went fairely well and we we're handled professionaly and promtply. The only situation upon check-in was the fault of our companies booking agent, as all of our rooms (3) were reserved under our individual names and not the company, which created some confusion for both us and the front desk staff- but was handled with the upmost care and professionalism. The front desk clerk didn't skip a beat.

Our rooms we're nice, clean, comfy, and all appeared to be in working condition. This hotel does have an indoor pool and whirlpool area- though as much as I wished to utilize I was unable to. I did however enjoy the breakfast area and food served. Hot eggs, bacon, sausage, and other various choices. Very impressive.

The free internet access was a huge plus! Parking was alright. There is a sports bar 1/2 block adjacent to the hotel property which was nice too. Plenty of restaurants and nightlife only blocks away. We sampled many and enjoyed all.

Our entire staff enjoyed this hotel, though due to the weather this particular week the walk to the convention center got a little old. Though that is only a personal item based on myself and co-workers- it should not detour anyones choice of this hotel.

Would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sprint99
Blue Springs, MO
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I chose this hotel based on it's prime location next to Lucas Oil Stadium. I found it to be exceptionally clean, even the room carpets, which are sometimes the least appealing part of a room. Our room was spacious and welcoming, the linens fresh and the bathroom large and sparkling. The breakfast room was clean and the food tasty and plentiful. We had no problem with the wi-fi and the flat screen TV was nice.

I stay at many Holiday Inn Expresses and found this to be one of the nicest ones (although most are great). The staff was exceptionally pleasant and I would stay again in a heartbeat. I truly cannot believe that other posters here found this hotel dirty. I am extremely picky about my accomodations, and was very pleased during my three-night stay. It is a bit of a far walk to most of the other downtown amenities, such as most restaurants and the mall, but not too bad.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Midwest
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This hotel has the worst behind-the-front-desk staff I have ever seen. They were very rude and disrespectful. I had the same problem as the previous reviewer regarding the parking fee. The hotel's own website (not a third-party travel agent) says "All guest room rates include complimentary Express Start breakfast and complimentry [sic] parking (limit one parking space per guest room)." Worse than that, the in-room hotel directory says there is Free Parking. But the parking fee is not my main issue; rather, I am more upset by the management and staff of this hotel. Customer service does not exist at this hotel. If you have a problem during your stay, be prepared to handle it yourself. I would recommend finding another hotel in the area and avoiding this one.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Lakeside21
CityCentreHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, 4 November 2009
We are extremely sorry for your experience during your recent stay. We are always focused on improving our guest service and ensuring every guest has a great stay. We welcome guest feedback so that we can continue to improve our front desk service.

If there is anything specific we could have done to improve your visit, please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the General Manager. Any suggestions you can provide are welcomed and will receive the full attention of the hotel staff and myself.
Indiana
Reviewed 24 October 2009

This hotel seems nice in the common area, but that's where it ends. Our room had a horrible odor (old cigarette smoke) that got worse with the heat turned on. The shower floor did not seem clean. Many channels were offered on tv, but you could not access them. The pool room had dirty towels laying all over and again I questioned the cleanliness of the floor. BUT our BIGGEST PROBLEM with this hotel was with the people behind the desk. This hotel's website AND in room information claims that parking is free. Well, what they don't tell you when you sign in, is that you are signing to a $10 non-refundable parking fee. We talked to 2 different people who were either unhelpful, or VERY unwilling to do anything about this. The manager was rude and discourteous and refused to acknowledge the "free parking" even when we showed her the website. What ever happened to admitting your mistake?? or even "The costumer is right." This place left a very BAD taste in my mouth and a smell in my nose. I will NOT be returning. There are MANY MANY MANY other great area hotels!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
CityCentreHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, 27 October 2009
I am so sorry you encountered problems with your recent stay. Your stay did not live up to your expectations or ours at the hotel. I request an opportunity to rectify the situation as the last thing we would like to have is an unhappy guest.

The Holiday Inn Express is pleased to provide the least expensive hotel parking rates in downtown Indianapolis. While we wish it could be free, due to the opening of Lucas Oil Stadium next door the hotel lost substantial parking. We now contract with an outside vendor which charges a daily parking fee. This has been in place since January 1, 2009.

While this information has been posted on our hotel website there are thousands of places to book hotel rooms online through third party travel agents. Unfortunately not all of these websites update their content resulting in a lot of misinformation. We work with our travel partners to correct information whenever this is brought to our attention.

If there is anything we can do to convince you to try us again, please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the General Manager.