Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskfire pithome away from homethe general manageran extended stayoutstanding hotelgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againvolleyball tournamentliving areaevening receptionwould highly recommend this hotelclean roomsexcellent stayhot tubthe breakfast areaindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2012

i have done lots of travels, but this one is exceptional. the front office staff, Shelly, is really providing outstanding service. she tries to accommodate everyone's needs. i wish all hotels have the same kind of exceptional service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello jut332,

Thank you so much for you review of our Residence Inn Northwest Indianapolis! It's great guest feedback like your's that helps our team ensure guest satisfaction. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied as you did!

As you mentioned, service was evident and that is exactly what a GM loves to hear. Our team works diligently to offer attentive service to all guests alike. I really do appreciate you mentioning Shelly as being so helpful and will make sure she is aware of how well she served you.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. We truly value it and will work to continue offering the same service and experience that you found. Hope you visit us again while in the area!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Residence Inn Northwest for their extraordinary service that was provided to both my staff and the James Logan Forensics team. The staff did more than just role out the red carpet, they went above and beyond the call of duty and provided us with comfort and kindness that we will cherish forever. Personally, I had a sciatic condition and was in excruciating pain and could not move around, but the staff was very consoling and supportive thus easing the pain. I am certain that because of this professional treatment, it indeed assisted us of the James Logan Forensics team in winning our School of Excellence for the 20th year in a row and producing two national champions. Whenever we travel to Indianapolis again, rest assure, we will be staying at the Residence Inn. Sincerely,
Tommie Lindsey
Director of Forensics
James Logan High School

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tommie L
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello Tommie L,

Thank you so much for the kind words in regards to your and your staff's recent visit with us at the Residence Inn Northwest. Our whole team takes customer service seriously and I am so pleased that we could be there for any assistance during you visit. The team's goal is to off superior customer service to show how much we appreciate our guests.

As a GM, your review is music to my ears. Going over and above is what our property stress throughout the entire staff to ensure our guests enjoy their stay while away from home. I am so pleased that your group found comfort and service to be so dominant during your visit. We will continue to strive to offer just the same to all guests who stay with us.

Also, congrats on winning your School of Excellence for the 20th year in a row!

Once again, thanks for the kind words about your recent stay. We love guest feedback and yours was great to receive. Look forward to you visiting us again the next time in the area!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was here seven nights for a national tournament and found the service and food outstanding. This was a pleasant place to return to after a full day in downtown, with several special touches. Hot breakfast and dinner are included. Breakfast includes scrambled eggs (fresh but predictable), rotating potatoes (roasted, seasoned patties, or roasted with veggies), muffins, bagels, and breads to toast. The two highlights are the waffle maker with your choice of strawberry topping, blueberries, caramel sauce, and even whipped cream; and the fresh fruits, either honeydew melon, cantaloupe, or mixed fruits. Dinner (included) has a new menu and theme every night.
Other nice touches: On my third day here I was greeted by name one of the house staff; on day four they replaced all the carpeting in the dining area . The carpets were not particularly worn, and I was impressed they wanted to spruce up the area. I found out all photocopies are free.
This is a quiet suburban location, close to the 465 Interstate (almost too close, see tip on rooms below). The king bed was firm, and the sofabed had a firm (not saggy) mattress that surprised me with its comfort. Overall a good room at a good price.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 125, 126, 225, 226, 325 and 326. All face Interstate 465, and you will hear some road noise at night until about 11, when traffic is infrequent. The windows do not fully deaden the sound.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank james V
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear IndyJim49,

We appreciate hearing your comments regarding your recent extended stay at our Residence Inn! We love guest feedback and appreciate you taking the time to provide us and other travelers with a little insight into your visit. Our goal is to have everyone leave with the same satisfaction that you did!

I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your group with our food options and service. We were undergoing the tail end of a renovation during your stay so that is the reasoning behind the change in the carpeted areas of our gatehouse. I am glad that you recognized our efforts in this area to continue to provide a comfortable, fresh, and updated atmosphere for our valued guests!

Your feedback will certainly be shared with my staff as this is the kind of reaction that we aim to receive from our guests. We hope that you will choose our hotel if your travels bring you back to the Indianapolis area.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

STAFF
I stayed here for 9 nights with a group of colleagues on business. Being a New Yorker, I was taken aback by the sincere hospitality of the staff. They went above and far beyond the call of duty. For example, Cathy, always made sure the dinner buffet was left out and still hot for us since our hours kept us late a work each night. This was not necessary nor expected, but terribly nice and so helpful.

ROOM
The KITCHENETTE in the room was perfect. Included a full-size fridge, full-size coffee maker with coffee, 2 burner electric stove top, microwave, sink with dishcloth and soap, and an array of dishes, pots, and utensils. The wine glasses and corkscrew were a welcome sight. The breakfast island with two tall chairs was the perfect place to bring back my buffet items and enjoy in peace and silence before I started each day. I could have used a small hand broom and dustpan on one occasion, but there was none available.

The staff will even go grocery shopping for you if you leave a list at the front desk. Awesome.

The king-size BED was oh so comfy with high quality sheets that I'm used to at home. The array of pillows was nice too.

Although I didn't use the LIVING AREA much, the couch and chair were comfy (couch with a pull-out bed). The television was placed just so it could be seen from the kitchen, living area, and swiveled to view from the bed...perfection.

The BATHROOM area contained a large closet (bigger than my NYC apartment) with sliding doors, a sink with a very large counter-top area and large drawers below that were handy for storing 10 days worth of personal toiletries. The shower and toilet were just off the sink/closet area which was nice for two to ready themselves without delaying the other. This area was very clean and well maintained (as was the rest of the room, however no one wants a sketchy bathroom). Also contained a hair dryer and the usual toiletries.

The DESK/OFFICE area was located just inside the door and had wireless internet access. The desk was a "normal" size and more than I required for a 9 day stay.

Some rooms have a gas FIREPLACE. Mine did not, but it would definitely be worth asking for when you reserve a room.

The VIEWS are not what you stay here for. It's an industrial-like area by the interstate.

RESTAURANTS
There's a Le Peep, a Starbucks, and a bar/grill (good food) called Gatsby's a 2 minute walk away. There's also a Bob Evans just across the highway that could be walked to if you are careful, but driving is probably best.

POOL/HOT TUB and FITNESS CENTER
There was an indoor pool and hot tub although I did not utilize these amenities. They looked clean, inviting, and well maintained. I never saw the fitness center, but it was nice knowing it was there.

BREAKFAST
The breakfast buffet always had a nice selection. There were hot items like eggs of various recipes (a different one each day) including Eggs Benedict, Scramble, etc. with various toppings like cheese and salsa. Also there was a meat like bacon or sausage. Various breads, pancakes, waffles, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, muffins, cereal, and biscuits with gravy. There was definitely something for everyone. My only complaint (if you can call it that) was that I wished there had been an egg white option like a hardboiled egg.

EXTRAS
There was a mini snack bar by the front desk where one could find the usual candy, chips, and sodas, but also frozen dinners, canned soups, and ice cream. This was convenient for late night cravings.

There's a Wal-Mart and a Target (2 different exits in two different directions) within a 10 minute drive of this lovely hotel.

The "breakfast area" was quite large and contained a television and gas fireplace. This space hosted my colleagues and I one night for a raucous evening of cocktails and Catch Phrase.

Downtown Indianapolis is about a 20 minute drive.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TrillianTrillian
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I travel quite a bit and always try to stay at Residence Inns. The Big 10 Basketball tourney was in Indy this weekend and I had to stay here as opposed to Downtown or Fishers.
The room was overpriced, I pay $80 a night less for the same room at other Residence Inns.
The front desk lady at check-in was wonderful, and everyone else was friendly, but not helpful.
I was very disappointed with breakfast. Usually there is a varitey of foods, but not so here, the quantities and quality of what they did have was good, but I couldnt believe how few items they did have.
There area isnt ideal, and we had to drive 6 miles for a decent meal. If you plan on eating out while here, bring your GPS or iPhone you will need it.
I would rather stay here than some Dreary Inn, but I will go out of my way in the future to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012