“Great hotel and friendly staff”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #26 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Great hotel and friendly staff”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The stay was great and the staff are friendly they are so personal. I only wished they would put the beer and red wine back in the table but you could ask for it a they'd give you a glass but you could have seconds and thirds but you get embarassed if you kept asking.

Rooms are nice. Oh one more thing the gym treadmills should face the tv and not sideways. And they need better gym equipments

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Marengo, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Travelled to Indy on business and this was a very nice place to stay. My room was very well kept and cleaning was excellent. If you have an extended stay away from home in the Big City, then this is the way to do it. Staff was always very friendly and helpful. Meals were served in the evening through the week so it helps out the pocket book. The room I had was fairly quite even though you were right off of the I-465 loop. Lots of places close to eat and shop at and and a local park just a few miles away. I highly recommend this for anyone traveling in the area.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was a nice quite room. Mine was midway towards the back and to the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Suezhn, VP Sales, Schahet Hotels at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Response: Dear Mr. D,

“Home away from Home” is exactly what we strive to provide for our long-term stay guests! We know it’s not easy being away from home, so we make sure our guests always get a little something extra, like complimentary grocery shopping service, evening meals served Monday-Thursday night with free beer and wine, and a nice size room that’s on average 30% larger than a typical hotel room. We’d like to thank you too for recognizing the cleanliness we strive so hard to maintain, and the friendly staff that we are so proud to have on our team. Should you be returning to Indianapolis, it would be our pleasure to welcome back!
MORRO BAY
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The staff went out of their way to make sure I was happy in my room. I didn't like the first room and instead of hearing the usual ' sorry that's all we have', they made sure I was comfortable!

They gave me a great recommendation on a restaurant.

1 Thank A G
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We finished up a job early. We had the opportunity to get back home sooner. The people at the front desk were very understanding and helped us to get on the road quickly at no cost. However, we were sorry to leave as the atmosphere was so great. It is modern,clean and customer friendly. I would definately stay here again

2 Thank s d
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at this property and I have to say it is one of the best that Marriott has to offer. The staff was very helpful and really believe going above and beyond to keep the guest happy. My room was very clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff really are top notch. It was everything I expected and more. From now on when I am in Indianapolis and I have a choice I will choose this property every time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian S
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My flight got delayed on the way to Indy. I got to the Hotel 3 hours later than I had anticipated. I got dropped off by the limo service and missed dinner. When I asked where the closest convience store was, I was told it was to far to walk. The sweet lady at the front desk offered to run to the store for me. I could not believe she was willing to do that for me that late. You will not receive better service than from Shelly at this hotel! And the room was great too!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kent K
Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Residence Inns are nice, especially for multi-night stays. The kitchen is as full and well-equipped as you need and it works for one person through a family. NW Indy Residence Inn is tucked away, so you may need your GPS.

The good: The 1-bedroom suite was actually a bedroom in a separate room - nice! The kitchen was roomy, the whole room was big and clean. Free Internet with no password (yay!) - but it did disconnect us about 4 times over the one night we stayed. Easy to reconnect though.

Breakfast was well done until the very end, when the 20,000 kids all showed up at once. This should be expected from a Residence Inn - if I needed to stay with a bunch of kids, I'd stay here for sure.

The staff was really friendly and helpful! I see a lot of reviews complimenting the staff and I totally agree.

The bad? weird? There were kids playing basketball all the time. All-the-time. We walked around them as we checked in, they were there until at least 12:30 am, and they were back by 8 am. There were 2-3, then there are 10 or so. They were loud. Unfortunately, our room overlooked the court, so we heard them... a lot. I asked if they were guests and heard "yes" and also "not here". Not sure what this means; regardless, the noise was constant and really was a downer on the trip. The manager really apologized and handled it very well when we mentioned it on checkout.

Would we stay here again? Well, there were probably 6 or so other hotels nearby - within a few blocks. If we did, we would insist on a room away from the court.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT overlook the basketball court.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple