“Avoid this location”

Ranked #25 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Avoid this location”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have stayed at 10 or 12 different Residence Inn locations and this is by far the worst. Where do I start? Fold-away beds without sheets. A portable crib that didn't stay standing. Bathroom exhaust fan that didn't run. Requested foam pillows - didn't get them. Run-down exercise equipment (what little there was) - no pun intended. A faux shelf hanging at a 45 degree angle over the couch just ready to fall off the wall. Rust spots on the tub.
This location is significantly below the Residence Inn standard.

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear DaBearsWISC,

I am truly sorry to hear your stay at our property did not meet your needs. We try to make sure our staff is trained to the best of their ability to help handle any and all issues that may arise during a guests stay. It seems that the issues you experienced could have easily been taken care of by our staff prior to your arrival. We do strive to make every guest as comfortable as possible, and I apologize that this was not the case for your stay.

I will be working with both our housekeeping department as well as our maintenance department to correct these issues. I will also look into updating our current exercise equipment. We are unfortunately limited on our space for this—however—we want to provide multiple options to our guests. If you could kindly contact me at ri.indws.gm@marriott.com with your specific room information, that way we can get these issues corrected.

Thank you for your comments and I hope we can accommodate you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We don't usually stay for 'Social Hour', but this was enough food for a light meal! Monday thru Thursday. We didn't have to search out a dinner location! Friendly staff. If we're ever back - we'll stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear brmidd,

I’m so glad to hear you were able to make use of our Evening Social! As you mentioned, we run this from Monday to Thursday from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM for all of our guests. Not every guest gets to make use of this wonderful amenity, and I’m glad to hear that you’ve had this experience!

I appreciate your comments on our friendly staff as well. I am proud of our staff and their ability to help our guests out and form great relationships. I truly hope to see you at our property again in the future! Thank you very much, we appreciate you staying with us in Indianapolis.
lansing
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I arrived with two pre-teenage young ladies. We had booked a 1 bedroom suite using our Marriott points. Needless to say, the girls weren't especially excited about sharing a pull out sofa bed as well as 1 bathroom/shower with my wife and I. We felt up to the challenge, however, still decided to inquire about a possible upgrade to a two bedroom, two full bath suite (I'm a platinum rewards member). The hotel was able to accomodate our request at no extra charge. The girls were elated to share a room and full bath between the two of them. My wife and I also appreciated the convenience and extra privacy. The entire staff couldn't have been nicer. We'd definitely come back. We also appreciate how Marriott treats their customers. It's great being platinum!!!!

2 Thank stephen l
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was on a road trip from NE to Branson, MO. This was our scheduled a stop after driving all night. I chose this hotel because lodging for a family of six, in a single room, can be difficult. I love the two bedroom hotel rooms. I had a reservation for the Saturday after July 4. I called them from OH early on Saturday morning and asked if I could check in around 2 p.m. The response was yes and if I arrived earlier, it wouldn't be a problem. I believe regular check in is 3 or 4 p.m. As luck would have it, our trip went well and we arrived shortly after 12:30. I walked in and told them I had a reservation, they were very happy to help. By 1:30 my family was taking a nap in the room.

The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The next morning, we were waiting for breakfast to open at 7. The food was good, my only complaint about the hotel was the single waffle iron. That said, the wait wasn't too bad, but this was my first hotel in quite some time that didn't have two waffle irons for their breakfast area.

Overall, this was a great place and if I'm in the area again, I'll be sure to stop in.

1 Thank simba327
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was a great hotel. We had a two bedroom suite and it was incredibly spacious. The staff was incredibly hospitable. Easy access off the highway. The sports court has a basketball hoop and a tennis court. I'd definitely come back.

EAST CHICAGO
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was my first time staying here and will definitely return. The staff was extremely accommodating especially Shelly at the front desk. She went over and above to make sure that the stay for myself and my dad was great. The breakfast was also good and the rooms were clean. The hotel is located right off of I-465, which made it easily accessible. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Suezhn, Corporate Sales at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear First Timer!
Thank you so much for taking to time to share about your experience at Residence Inn Northwest, Indianapolis. I will share your positive comments with Shelly and our team to let them know how much their hospitality is appreciated. We’ll look forward to having you back again soon!
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 31 May 2013

actually this is my second time staying here, at first, i stayed here for about 9weeks and 2nd was 6weeks. there's a lot of improvements here compared to my first stay. the only thing that i can think of that needs to be improve is the cable signal. every time i turned the Television it always freezes and you need change the channel so that i will work as expected. aside from it i have a great stay in this hotel.

Thanks and appreciate your service!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Suezhn, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Jerome S, It’s always a pleasure to welcome back our repeat guests! Thank you for your feedback regarding the use of our televisions. It is only with guest input that we can continue to improve our services and amenities. We are currently working closely with our TV provider to improve our cable signal so that we can resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you again for your loyalty to the Residence Inn.