“Excellent Weekend Family Stay”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Excellent Weekend Family Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a wonderful stay. I, my wife and 2 kids and her parents stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. We really enjoyed the stay. The staff was friendly and attentive. We were in town for the Indy Racing Experience. The location was good. My son like the basketball/tennis court out front. Both kids enjoyed the pool. The rooms were adequate size, clean and well appointed. Only one negative which became a positive. One of the shower/tubs was very slow to drain. A call was made to the front desk and soon after, housekeeping arrived to attend to the problem. A plunger was used and seemed to make the tub drain quicker. The quickness was very much appreciated. My whole family would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OSU_Alan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is my second review on this hotel in less than two years and I must say that Shelly makes the difference. First Class Service and she makes sure that a person feel welcome and that your are feeling good about being a Marriott rewards members. Style and Class is the best way to describe Shelly and the way she greets and deal with customers. ;

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I hope this review takes this is my 3rd one I have written. This hotel I can not complain about it at all it clean you get a lot of space for the money that you pay for the room. Its beautiful and to be able to get food from Monday thru Thursday with no charge to the people that stays here. Not to many hotels offer that to their peoples. That is one of the reason why I keep coming back. The other reason is the staff. Shelly she is so sweet and she will go way beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable. Kathy she is the cook she does her job well also. I just love coming down just to chat ith the ladies to make my day go better for me. Brian is the manager he is great himself he goes beyond his way to make sure he has done more and find more that he can do for a customer to help them. Overall Ilove this hotel a staff and would drive here to stay if I had to go across town to a function.

Room Tip: All of them are good.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The staff at this location cannot be beat, they go over and above for all of their guests. I would not hesitate to book here again. With the hot breakfast and happy hour during the week, there is no need to even leave the hotel for breakfast, dinner, or drinks.

Rocky River, Ohio USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay off 465 very quiet. Rooms have been redone which is nice. Hall way a bit worn. Not a lot of restaurants close by which is a bummer, need to drive to get a good meal. However the location is perfect and like I said quiet for a good night sleep.

• Stayed September 2013
Granger, In
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for almost seven weeks off and on. Rooms are large and comfortable.

Staying for so many times I have had occasionally room issues which is normal for the amount of time I have spent there but for the most part they were taken care of when I said something at the front desk.

First couple of weeks I had a more up to date room with a gas fire place. After that I had rooms with out the fire place and maybe not as updated but I really don't need a fireplace in July or August.

Every night the hotel has an “Happy Hour” with a light dinner. They try and serve something new every night so you may stay there for about 2 weeks with out eating the same type of meal.
Another dining option is to use the terrific grill outside in a sitting area off the main lobby. It's a great place to cook out and relax with friends.

I have also many a night walked over to Gatsby's Pub. The place always has a good crowd and an extensive menu. Food is decent and Mondays they have a trivia night. There is also a Quizno Sub shop next to Gatsby's. I've had a few subs there but now would rather do take out sandwiches from Gatsby's.

The hotel also serves a light breakfast there free of charge which I haven’t been able to take advantage of because I leave for work so early.
The hotel does have a indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub is an older one with little pressure. Most of the time no one is using the hot tub or the pool.

A bright spot are the two women at the front desk, Kathy and Shelly. They both greet you by name each day and treat you like family. Kathy even makes sure I don't drink too much during happy hour.
I would highly recommend this place for extended business stays.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Hello redwhiskeypete,

It truly sounds like you’ve enjoyed your stays at our property! Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I will share with Kathy and Shelly your wonderful comments. I also want to thank you for the information you’ve provided about our hot tub. To be consistent in our efforts to improve our property and the quality of the stay for our guests, this information is very important. I will have our maintenance staff look into our hot tub system and see what options we have to help increase our pressure. Thank you again redwhiskeypete, we appreciate the business you’ve brought to our hotel!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Socials 4 nights a week.
Breakfast everyday
A staff that takes you in as their own.
What more could you ask for on a business trip.
We had about 10-12 people staying for training in our new building.
Amazon approved

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Amznedge
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Amznedge,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that your stay with our hotel was a great experience. I know our staff truly enjoyed speaking and seeing each of you every day. While we were sad to see you leave, we are happy that your training is done and you will be moving on to bigger and better things!

We appreciate your kind words, and we hope that if you ever find yourself in Indianapolis again, that you will come back and see us at our Residence Inn by Marriott.

Thank you Amznedge!