“Home away from Home”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #28 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was unfortunate to be given a work assignment in Indianapolis in January and February; however, I was very lucky when I stumbled upon the Residence Inn Northwest.

The hotel was in the process of undergoing renovations and despite a few inconveniences the end results is a much more modern and comfortable hotel. The staff were welcoming and nice but one staff member stood out to me for their outstanding service. I travel for my job and have become accustom to the run of the mill service; however, I also have developed an eye for outstanding service.

The evening front desk staff member, Shelly was amazing. She remembered me by name and I watched as see greeted guest by their names as they returned from their work day. During the evening social, she not only managed to run the front desk efficiently, but also participate in assisting guest during the social. We had sever snow storms and Shelly was there, sometimes staying at the hotel to ensure the guest were provided with the level of service they expect from a Marriott property. I can only say, if I have to work in Indianapolis again ... I would make the Residence Inn Northwest my home away from home. If you get a chance to stay at this Residence Inn ~ Please tell Shelly hello from the Road Warrior. Thanks for all the hospitality.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel sit next to the expressway, I always had a room on the end nearest the express...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your glowing review of our property and Shelly, in particular, at our front desk! Your comments are extremely kind and we appreciate every one of them. The weather we had in January and February were horrendous, as you clearly experienced during your time here. I’m ecstatic to hear that Shelly’s service was so memorable during your stay, and she will love to hear the great comments that you’ve left. I truly hope you have a chance to visit us again in the future—and with any luck without all of the weather! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

No, not really. But my friends and I spent 3 wonderful nights in this hotel. We were in town for a convention, and chose this hotel, frankly, because they had rooms. What we received, though, was terrific service and hospitality. Shelly, one of the front desk staff, was so friendly, as was Patty in the kitchen. They anticipated our needs, and really made us feel at home. The breakfast buffet was a nice surprise, with a large variety of items to choose from. We took advantage of the social hour 2 nights. One night we made that our whole dinner (nice touch). I would surely stay here again if I am in the area, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ArizonaBookwoman
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel from priceline and I must say. .. very clean and well kept. Staff very courteous and accommodating. I am from Waukegan IL and drive to Indianapolis yearly for our church activities. Will be visiting again this year soon.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Senami A
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hello Senami A,

I'm glad that in your travels to our city, you've been able to stay at our property. Priceline is a great partner of ours and I'm happy to hear that your choice of our hotel through their system made your trip so cozy.

We definitely hope you make it back later this year! I will be sure to share your comments to our staff as well. Thank you for your wonderful comment.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel has a very nice staff. I chose this hotel because I was going to be in town for 7 nights. When you travel a lot for work, you are much more comfortable if you can stay where there is a kitchen and living room area It makes for a more home type feeling.

Room Tip: Check to make sure their renovations have been completed before making reservations.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hello SandraBurroghs,

What a wonderful compliment to the staff, as well as our hotel in its ability to help accommodate guests for longer periods of time. Strive each day to provide the services and amenities for guests to thrive while they stay at our property.

I will be sure to share your comments with everyone. Regarding your tip about renovations, I can happily say that they have been completed! Thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights for business. Arrived mid afternoon and was allowed to check in with no issues. Had a studio suite which had plenty of room for me. Room was meet a clean, bed was comfortable. Had a slight issue with a slow draining sink. Reported the issue to Bryan the GM I'm the morning and when I arrived back to the room in the afternoon it was fixed. The evening socials are interesting with a mix of long term stays and some 1 nighters. This RI is a class act and will definitely stay again on future visits to Indy.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LSUFAN67
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for three weeks and had an absolute fantastic time. Shelly and Cathy took great care of us. Will absolutely go back in the future again. Clean rooms and great food. Highly recommend to anyone needing an extended stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Monkdz
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hello Monkdz,

We are all so glad to hear that during your three week stay that you really enjoyed yourself! I’ll be sure to share your wonderful comments with the whole team, especially with Shelly and Kathy. We take pride in accommodating our guests, and I’m very happy to see that during you stay we left a lasting impression.

Hopefully you will be able to visit again in the future. We look forward to that, and thank you again for your great response!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Staff is excellent and the rooms are very comfortable. It is a great value and I had a wonderful experience. The management makes you feel welcomed. I reccomend this hotel to anyone and look forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014

Hello emilio2068,

Your comfort at our Residence Inn is always something we strive to achieve with each and every guest. Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay. I’m very happy to hear that your accommodations suited you and that we all did a wonderful job in welcoming you to our hotel!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thanks for taking a few moments to share your experience!