“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Raeford, North Carolina
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2008

This place was excellent for a little over $100! There was a kitchen with a full sized frig, a garbage disposal, dish washer, and they will even grocery shop for you if you take them a list by 8 am! We had a living room area with a couch and chair and then a bedroom area. The breakfast was free with biscuits and gravy, scrabbled eggs, and the normal breakfast foods at hotels. We stayed one night but wanted to move in. If you are in this area can't pass this up!

• Liked — The space amount for the price paid.
  • Disliked — The location was a little hard to find.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2008

I always stay here when I am in Indy for business. It is very close to my destination, and provides a good nights sleep.

• Liked — The comfortable room
  • Disliked — The distance to local businesses
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bedford, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2007

My family and some friends stayed here for the night of Friday, August 24th. I used my Marriott points to pay for the friends and got the gov per diem rate for my family ($93).

The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. They did a great job giving driving directions to my friends who were driving in from another state. The location was convenient to I-65 and I-465, which allowed easy access to downtown Indianapolis.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. My friends needed a rollaway bed, which was delivered promptly. The regular bedding was very comfortable as well.

The pool was well maintained and a great place for our kids to unwind.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2006

I loved this place! I stayed there for a couple of months while working in Indianapolis. The hotel has some of the nicest and most gracious staff I've ever encountered! They went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my stay there and even made sure I got my nightly snack (even if I told them I would be a little late returning). My room was very pleasant. I've stayed at Residence Inns all over the country but this one was my favorite, mainly because of the staff. I'm looking forward to returning there when I have some leisure time!

• Liked — The great staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early - lots of people like to stay here
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2006

Great location right off the interstate. Located in office park area but it has some restaurants/gas stations within a block or two.
Very nice room with separate bedroom. Sofe sleeper more comfortable than most I have slept on over the years. Nice kitchen area with non carpeted area (which is great so the carpet does not get nasty in the kitchen when stuff is spilled!). Full size frig, small microwave, full kitchen supplies and dishwasher.
Spacious bathroom with automatic fan when the light is turned on. Separate sink/counter area outside bathroom. I would definitely stay here again when visiting the Indy area. This is a newer hotel that is still is really good shape. Breakfast was very good, we did not experience any of the problems mentioned by other post. The indoor pool area looked very clean but we did not use the pool.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
2 Thank iowa24
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2006

With taxes, paid around $115 -not worth it from my experience. Stayed one night.

Pleasant check in area. Very nice sitting area with TV, magazines, paperbacks.

Our one bedroom was clean but when I finally laid down, ugh, the pillowcase smelled used. Would they really not change the pillowcases??? Requested crib when room reserved. Had to call desk to get it- a few minutes later playpen dropped off without sheets or any sort of cover. Had to wipe down pad because there was visible dried who knows what? Gross.

There were 4 of us who needed pillows (2 adults, 2 kids) but only 3 were in the room. The kids slept on the fold out couch. But after the way the desk person dropped off the playpen, I just could not ask for another pillow by the time we realized we needed another one. Not really rude, close, but like don't you dare ask for anything else.

Breakfast nothing special- the only good thing was that it was "free". The potatoes were good. The eggs too watery, oatmeal very watery. Really nothing to recommend about the breakfast. The kids woke up really early so we were ready for breakfast at 6:30. Breakfast on the weekends starts at 7. So we were hungry again before 10. We wanted a little something to snack on but when I went back the breakfast was already put away and it a few minutes before 10 (probably because of low number of guests)

Sorry, wouldn't stay here again unless got really really good rate.

Final note: Oh, my, very very dry air- bring a humidifier for long stays. Our skin was actually hurting and no amount of lotioning up helped. We thought it was the chlorine from the pool but when we got home it was very noticeable- our skin did not "hurt" anymore. Really dry heat! It would be better to be chilly than to turn up the dry dry air.

• Stayed February 2005