“Birthday weekend”

White River State Park
Ranked #19 of 173 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the city, this park contains a zoo, gardens, museums and much more.
Jacksonville, Illinois
“Birthday weekend”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We traveled to Indy for our daughters 14th birthday weekend. We rented pedal vehicles & toured the canal & area. So glad we did - what fun- for all ages . The staff at the rental hut was very helpful & polite. Would do it again.

Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
Cairo, Egypt
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Quiet Refuge in the Middle of City - Amazing!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had three hours to pass at the end of a conference and before heading to the airport. I decided to stroll along the canal and through the White River park. Excellent decision on my part :). This peaceful park is a pleasant surprise in the middle of a busy city. My preference is walking, but options included bicycles and paddle boats - any way you travel through this park, you are sure to enjoy. It is an easy walk from the conference center and other points around the capital.

Visited September 2013
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Beautiful, safe place”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I took myself on a day trip to Indianapolis, and went for a walk at White River State Park. I can honestly say I felt incredibly safe there, and had no issues while traveling alone. The place was beautiful, peaceful, and fun.

1 Thank bablock
Indianapolis, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This park is a must. Seems like there is something going on everyday. Come to Indy be sure to check out the park because you never know what is going on

Visited May 2013
Avon, Indiana
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Such a fun event for a concert”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Really enjoyed our concert here. Not a bad seat anywhere. Parking is easy, food and drinks available while sitting in the lawn chairs under the stars. Great atmosphere!

Visited July 2013