“Urban Oasis”

White River State Park
Ranked #17 of 176 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the city, this park contains a zoo, gardens, museums and much more.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

If you are in Indianapolis, take time to stroll along the Canal that runs right through the city. You can rent pedal boats, kayaks, or several styles of pedal powered cycles--surrey styles, low slung touring styles, and more! You can sit at one of the many canal-side eateries or watering holes for a bit. The more ambitious can be seen jogging or running the length of the canal. You can even join a Segway tour. Besides the canal are, you can take a short walk over a pedestrian bridge to the Indianapolis Zoo. In addition to normal "zoo stuff", there are events throughout the year, including a great light display during the Christmas Holiday season. White River State Park is definitely a treasure for the people of Indy and all our visitors!

1  Thank Robin D

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We traveled to Indy for our daughters 14th birthday weekend. We rented pedal vehicles & toured the canal & area. So glad we did - what fun- for all ages . The staff at the rental hut was very helpful & polite. Would do it again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had three hours to pass at the end of a conference and before heading to the airport. I decided to stroll along the canal and through the White River park. Excellent decision on my part :). This peaceful park is a pleasant surprise in the middle of a busy city. My preference is walking, but options included bicycles and paddle boats - any way you travel through this park, you are sure to enjoy. It is an easy walk from the conference center and other points around the capital.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I took myself on a day trip to Indianapolis, and went for a walk at White River State Park. I can honestly say I felt incredibly safe there, and had no issues while traveling alone. The place was beautiful, peaceful, and fun.

1  Thank bablock
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This park is a must. Seems like there is something going on everyday. Come to Indy be sure to check out the park because you never know what is going on