I stayed two nites at the Hilton Garden Inn on business in July 2012. The hotel was walking distance to my biz meetings, so it was incredibly handy. Also, it is located right off of Monument Circle (I could even see the monument from my room), so it's additionally well-located to restaurants and sight-seeing.
The hotel is located in an old bank building and still has gorgeous engraved brass elevator doors off of the marble lobby. The rooms, themselves, are a little smallish, but nicely appointed. The bed is a sort of "Sleep Number" knock-off which has a dial on the side of the mattress that you can dial for levels of firmness. I couldn't tell much difference in the settings, honestly. There is a microwave and a fridge (in addition to the standard coffeemaker) which is great if you want to skimp on room service or the downstairs buffet. Standard-size bathroom with low, non-soaking style tub.
As an aside, a colleague I was travelling with checked into her "non-smoking" room and it reeked of smoke. She said that, clearly, someone had been smoking quite heavily in the room before she checked in. She asked to be moved and, luckily, her second room was better.
This is definitely a nice enough hotel & a good value for the price. However, after staying at the Omni, I would likely rebook there before staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, an Indianapolis, Indiana hotel close to restaurants, museums and shopping. Relax in a spacious guest room or suite at this hotel in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. Each guest room features a work desk, microwave, refrigerator, complimentary internet access and a 32-inch HDTV. Suites feature additional living areas with sleeper sofas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Indianapolis