My wife and I live on the southside of Indy and stayed here the evening of Friday, 12/28, as part of a "night on the town." We arrived before the stated check-in time of 3 (we were there around 1:30) and were promptly welcomed by the front desk staff and given a room. They also told us the history of the building; it was a bank that was built around the turn of the 20th century (1916?) and the lobby, though updated, still had the look and open feel of a large bank of the time. The elevators (3 of them just off the lobby) still have the old brass doors. We had room 1514, which was on the top floor at the front of the building facing south. It had a high ceiling, king bed, hi-def TV, microwave, fridge, desk w/ office chair, and a lounge chair...quite nice. The bed was very comfortable. The location can't be beat...Monument Circle (make sure to visit the Col. Eli Lilly Civil War museum in the basement, it's free and very interesting) and the Herbert Theater (Indy Symphony Orch) only 1/2 a block away, Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Conseco still to most of us Indy people!) is 2 blocks away, Circle Center Mall is 2 blocks away, a host of restaurants (Mortons, Fogo De Chao, Mo's, St. Elmos, Ruth's Chris, to name a few of the most popular...as well as many other restaurants/bars) are anywhere from 1 to 3 blocks. If you're from out of town and don't mind to walk just a little, there really is no need for a car if you're staying here. If you do have a car make sure you self-park across the street from the hotel at the Express Park Garage, with its entrance at 20 N. Pennsylvania, just around the corner from the hotel. It's only $10 for 24 hours.
We did not try out the pool, weight room or restaurant, so I can't review those.
Our only complaint is that they must be doing some room renovations because we were awakened around 9 in the morning by what sounded like construction sounds below us. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay, especially at $92 for the night w/ advance purchase (~ $110 w/ all of Indianapolis' taxes). We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, an Indianapolis, Indiana hotel close to restaurants, museums and shopping. Relax in a spacious guest room or suite at this hotel in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. Each guest room features a work desk, microwave, refrigerator, complimentary internet access and a 32-inch HDTV. Suites feature additional living areas with sleeper sofas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Indianapolis