“So dated” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“So dated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room I stayed in did not look like the pictures other people have posted. My room looked like it was straight out of 1950 with the exception of a Keurig.

I was so taken aback by the room, I felt like it was going to be haunted or something! Therefore, I didn't sleep well. I will say, it appeared to be fairly clean--but was hard to tell since the chair was so old it was ripping ,etc.

Other reviewers have said the hotel has upgraded but I did not notice this--I am a gold member too so maybe they were just booked up or something at the time I stayed? I was so happy that I only had to stay for one night in that room.

On the plus side, the staff was really friendly and the breakfast was awesome--tons of fresh fruit and I had a fresh omelette. Plus I put the Keurig to good use since I was so tired from lack of sleep in the morning.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko- General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I do apologize that you feel our hotel is dated, but in actuality it is a historic building which gives the feel of a building in the 1950's. We are not your traditional HGI this building has character that we would never want to change, However we do have the same amenities and upgrades as any other HGI.

I truly am sorry your experience was not the best, but if you were to read some of the literature around the hotel to get a feel of the historic value of our building you may have a different outlook.

I do want to thank you for mentioning our staff we do strive to make sure we hire the right individuals to provide great customer service.

If you are in town again, I hope you would give us another try. We do have some suites on the 16th floor we just opened this year that I would like you to try. These have a more modern look that you may enjoy.

Please contact me direct if this interests you, and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Richard Letko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Fayetteville, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Following my departure I realized the next day that I had left an important bag in my hotel room. I called the hotel and they were able to locate it, and my valuables were in tact. They mailed the contents to me promptly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I know how frustrating it isleaving something in a room. I was glad to see we did record everything correctly, and get the item back to you quickly. That is the kind of experience we try to give all the time.

Thanks for your comments,

Walkerton, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past under different names. This time it was Hilton. The upgrades to the hotel were distinct. They have upgraded. The locations is great for anything downtown. The check in was quick and efficient. They had great valet service. The rooms were very nice. I got a GREAT deal on hotwire for the room. Does cost $34 a night to park. Great place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We value every guest and are pleased to see we meet your expectations.

Thanks,

Aiken SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Such a beautiful and elegant hotel. Compliment your trip to Indy by staying here. I suggest the newly renovated suites on the 16th floor. The staff are so nice and helpful. The restaurant, though barely used is above excellent with the amazing breakfast truly standing out. The chef will prepare anything you like. The strawbery crapes were outstanding. The pool and jacuzzi were top notch. This is a truly elegant hotel. The complimentary wine, cheeses and fruit in the lobby by the fireplace were an exceptional treat. Walking distance from the mall, the town center with lighted carriage rides and night and divine restaurants within feet of the hotel made this trip especially nice. A truly delightful experience all around. Treat yourself to the Hilton Garden experience on your next visit to Indy. Truly a cut above.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-GM at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
WOW!!! Not much more I can say but thank you very much. I am so pleased to see we gave you such a positive experience and memories to keep forever.

Next time you are in town please let me know I would like to do something special for you.

bozeman, mt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I recently stayed at the HGI while at a conference in town. The location is perfect--just a block from the Center Circle in the middle of great restaurants and shopping. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The building is a renovated old skyscraper and quaint. One elevator was being serviced while I was there, and it was a little inconvenient. There isn't a great way to use the staircase to access the lobby. A little awkward. But, I would stay there again. The service alone would make me want to come back. Quiet, clean and spacious room. Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to apologize about our elevator we are renovating all of them and I even get frustrated that it takes a while certain times of the day.

I ask my staff to do their best to do whatever we can to make it a little better by giving the best service possible. I am glad to see we are doing that from your comments.

My apologies,

Indianapolis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

There was 0 water pressure in the bath/shower. Turned the bath on and the water barley ran. The shower was usable but the water pressure was very bad. I will prob look for other accomedatons. The heating/cooling was poor. It was either cold or hot, no in between

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
My apologies that you had issues while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn-Indy Downtown.

The water pleasure issue is surprising we will look into that immediately because we normally have great pleasure through-out the hotel. The heating and cooling system we do seem to have guests bring that up usually because it is a different system (since this is a historical building). The system we have you have to keep the fan running at all times to balance the temperature. I apologize this was not relayed at check-in.

We honestly value every guests so please give me a call to discuss further. We will make sure your experience next times is what you expect it to be….

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

stayed at the Hilton downtown Indy on November 2. We found the room to be excellent. Our room had a king size bed that was. very comfortable along with four king size pillows. Nice size room along with a very large bathroom with plenty of hot water. there was a nice size business desk with comfortable office chair. Our only complaint was that we used room for an order of nachos which were $8.00 by the time we had received them ( 20 min) our bill for the nachos was $14.14. A service fee of $3.50 was added along with tip. the nachos and chesse was cold.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for looking at all the positives of our hotel, and I sincerely apologize about the problem you encountered with room service. Normally we do not have those issues, and when we do I want to make sure they are addressed.

We want all guests to experience nothing but the best experience possible, so please give me a call to discuss this at your convenience.