“Right in the middle of downtown and reasonable pricing”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #19 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Glen Ridge
“Right in the middle of downtown and reasonable pricing”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The check in was fast, the room was fine (nothing to write home about but nothing to really complain about either). I had a horrible view so I didn't gaze outside. Refrigerator/microwave in the room were nice. I got food poisoning while staying there (no not eating there) so I was grateful the bathroom was nice and clean.

Great granola bars at snack time in the lobby (I ate them the day before I got sick)!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thanks you for your review. It is a challenge to get a good room view being so centrally located in the heart of the city. However being a historic building gives us a great look overall..

Again, thanks for your review and we are glad you had a wonderful experience with us.

Richard Letko-GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I came to this hotel for a weekend trip with three of my brothers. I slept on the pull out couch and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. The room was clean and very quiet. It's located right at the Circle, so you can walk everywhere you want to go.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We truly appreciate such a wonderful review. We really strive to give each guest the best experience possible.

Thank you for sharing our staff really appreciates hearing from our guests,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room I stayed in did not look like the pictures other people have posted. My room looked like it was straight out of 1950 with the exception of a Keurig.

I was so taken aback by the room, I felt like it was going to be haunted or something! Therefore, I didn't sleep well. I will say, it appeared to be fairly clean--but was hard to tell since the chair was so old it was ripping ,etc.

Other reviewers have said the hotel has upgraded but I did not notice this--I am a gold member too so maybe they were just booked up or something at the time I stayed? I was so happy that I only had to stay for one night in that room.

On the plus side, the staff was really friendly and the breakfast was awesome--tons of fresh fruit and I had a fresh omelette. Plus I put the Keurig to good use since I was so tired from lack of sleep in the morning.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko- General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I do apologize that you feel our hotel is dated, but in actuality it is a historic building which gives the feel of a building in the 1950's. We are not your traditional HGI this building has character that we would never want to change, However we do have the same amenities and upgrades as any other HGI.

I truly am sorry your experience was not the best, but if you were to read some of the literature around the hotel to get a feel of the historic value of our building you may have a different outlook.

I do want to thank you for mentioning our staff we do strive to make sure we hire the right individuals to provide great customer service.

If you are in town again, I hope you would give us another try. We do have some suites on the 16th floor we just opened this year that I would like you to try. These have a more modern look that you may enjoy.

Please contact me direct if this interests you, and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Richard Letko
Fayetteville, NC, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Following my departure I realized the next day that I had left an important bag in my hotel room. I called the hotel and they were able to locate it, and my valuables were in tact. They mailed the contents to me promptly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I know how frustrating it isleaving something in a room. I was glad to see we did record everything correctly, and get the item back to you quickly. That is the kind of experience we try to give all the time.

Thanks for your comments,

Walkerton, Indiana
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past under different names. This time it was Hilton. The upgrades to the hotel were distinct. They have upgraded. The locations is great for anything downtown. The check in was quick and efficient. They had great valet service. The rooms were very nice. I got a GREAT deal on hotwire for the room. Does cost $34 a night to park. Great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We value every guest and are pleased to see we meet your expectations.

Thanks,

Aiken SC, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Such a beautiful and elegant hotel. Compliment your trip to Indy by staying here. I suggest the newly renovated suites on the 16th floor. The staff are so nice and helpful. The restaurant, though barely used is above excellent with the amazing breakfast truly standing out. The chef will prepare anything you like. The strawbery crapes were outstanding. The pool and jacuzzi were top notch. This is a truly elegant hotel. The complimentary wine, cheeses and fruit in the lobby by the fireplace were an exceptional treat. Walking distance from the mall, the town center with lighted carriage rides and night and divine restaurants within feet of the hotel made this trip especially nice. A truly delightful experience all around. Treat yourself to the Hilton Garden experience on your next visit to Indy. Truly a cut above.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-GM at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
WOW!!! Not much more I can say but thank you very much. I am so pleased to see we gave you such a positive experience and memories to keep forever.

Next time you are in town please let me know I would like to do something special for you.

bozeman, mt
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I recently stayed at the HGI while at a conference in town. The location is perfect--just a block from the Center Circle in the middle of great restaurants and shopping. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The building is a renovated old skyscraper and quaint. One elevator was being serviced while I was there, and it was a little inconvenient. There isn't a great way to use the staircase to access the lobby. A little awkward. But, I would stay there again. The service alone would make me want to come back. Quiet, clean and spacious room. Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I want to apologize about our elevator we are renovating all of them and I even get frustrated that it takes a while certain times of the day.

I ask my staff to do their best to do whatever we can to make it a little better by giving the best service possible. I am glad to see we are doing that from your comments.

My apologies,