“AMAZING CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #17 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel from the personal attention to the friendliness of the staff to the beautiful hotel. 100% stay in this Hilton branded hotel you will not be disappointed. Everyone was so friendly and it felt like a family atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

It is such a pleasure to read reviews like this.

We really work hard to hire the right team to make memorable experiences. Reviews like this gets the team excited knowing we are doing what it takes.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My overall experience in Indy was great. Really enjoyed the Pacers game against the Bulls. Will come to Indy again. The Hotel was great, staff was good. The walk to the Stadium was really good, it was a little cool and raining. The atmosphere was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Bankers Life is right down the road from us so thank you for mentioning how close we are.

I am galds to see you enjoyed your experience while with us and we hope to see you next time you visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The check in was fast, the room was fine (nothing to write home about but nothing to really complain about either). I had a horrible view so I didn't gaze outside. Refrigerator/microwave in the room were nice. I got food poisoning while staying there (no not eating there) so I was grateful the bathroom was nice and clean.

Great granola bars at snack time in the lobby (I ate them the day before I got sick)!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thanks you for your review. It is a challenge to get a good room view being so centrally located in the heart of the city. However being a historic building gives us a great look overall..

Again, thanks for your review and we are glad you had a wonderful experience with us.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I came to this hotel for a weekend trip with three of my brothers. I slept on the pull out couch and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. The room was clean and very quiet. It's located right at the Circle, so you can walk everywhere you want to go.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We truly appreciate such a wonderful review. We really strive to give each guest the best experience possible.

Thank you for sharing our staff really appreciates hearing from our guests,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room I stayed in did not look like the pictures other people have posted. My room looked like it was straight out of 1950 with the exception of a Keurig.

I was so taken aback by the room, I felt like it was going to be haunted or something! Therefore, I didn't sleep well. I will say, it appeared to be fairly clean--but was hard to tell since the chair was so old it was ripping ,etc.

Other reviewers have said the hotel has upgraded but I did not notice this--I am a gold member too so maybe they were just booked up or something at the time I stayed? I was so happy that I only had to stay for one night in that room.

On the plus side, the staff was really friendly and the breakfast was awesome--tons of fresh fruit and I had a fresh omelette. Plus I put the Keurig to good use since I was so tired from lack of sleep in the morning.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko- General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I do apologize that you feel our hotel is dated, but in actuality it is a historic building which gives the feel of a building in the 1950's. We are not your traditional HGI this building has character that we would never want to change, However we do have the same amenities and upgrades as any other HGI.

I truly am sorry your experience was not the best, but if you were to read some of the literature around the hotel to get a feel of the historic value of our building you may have a different outlook.

I do want to thank you for mentioning our staff we do strive to make sure we hire the right individuals to provide great customer service.

If you are in town again, I hope you would give us another try. We do have some suites on the 16th floor we just opened this year that I would like you to try. These have a more modern look that you may enjoy.

Please contact me direct if this interests you, and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Richard Letko

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Following my departure I realized the next day that I had left an important bag in my hotel room. I called the hotel and they were able to locate it, and my valuables were in tact. They mailed the contents to me promptly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I know how frustrating it isleaving something in a room. I was glad to see we did record everything correctly, and get the item back to you quickly. That is the kind of experience we try to give all the time.

Thanks for your comments,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past under different names. This time it was Hilton. The upgrades to the hotel were distinct. They have upgraded. The locations is great for anything downtown. The check in was quick and efficient. They had great valet service. The rooms were very nice. I got a GREAT deal on hotwire for the room. Does cost $34 a night to park. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We value every guest and are pleased to see we meet your expectations.

Thanks,