Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columbia Club(Indianapolis)
  • Restaurant
1,145 results
All reviewsmonument circlebank buildinggreat locationvalet parkingwithin walking distancean older buildingcorner roomvalet servicebeautiful hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffself parkroom was largewould definitely stay here againconvention centerbusiness triplucas oil stadium
Reviewed 18 December 2013

excellent service and support, great location. Very convenient to downtown entertainment. Recommend for meetings as staff is very supportive and meeting rooms comfortable and well designed. Great experience......

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife & I stayed here again for a weekday getaway and Pacers game the night of 12/16/13. We had stayed here in December of last year also and really enjoyed it (see my previous review of it). Again, the hotel is beautiful and its location can't be beat for its proximity to sports, dining, shopping and sight-seeing downtown. Our room was ready upon arrival at 2 pm. Even though I had asked, during the online reservations, for the same floor and view as last year (14th, facing South) we were given the 13th floor facing East. Not as nice a view and not sure why, but not a big enough deal to ask for a room change. In our room we had an extraordinarily comfortable king bed, LCD TV, small refrigerator, microwave, work desk w/ internet access, iron, ironing board, large bathroom w/ hair dryer. Everything was very clean. The hotel staff that we came in contact with were all very friendly. Didn't eat at their restaurant or use any of their services, so can't speak about them. Oh yeah, the price couldn't be beat either!

Room Tip: Don't use the valet parking unless you have a lot of luggage or are really lazy. The parking garage is right across the street at the corner of Market and Pennsylvania and is only $12 per 24 hours to self-park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I'm writing this review in the lobby at 3:30 PM because my room has not been serviced by housekeeping yet. Came back from a long third day at a trade show, looking forward to getting off my feet, but now I'm downstairs being blasted by gusts of arctic air because they also don't really have a lobby to be in, just what's really a large foyer. There are three college age girls at the counter working hard this Saturday. The room has an incessantly squeaking fan on the climate control as well. I shut it off to sleep. Last night (10:30) a young lady knocked on my door several times. I wonder why she didn't have a key or correct room number. hmmm. My 7AM flight tomorrow is a bit more expensive as there's no shuttle and the city "GO" bus doesn't run that early.
With all that said, the city is GREAT. Every level of everything. This place has really grown up, and it's been well planned. Don't hesitate to visit, just don't stay here.

1  Thank stekay1
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-GM at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through in regards to your room not being serviced by our housekeeping staff. I can assure you that this issue is extremely rare to occur. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one. I encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this matter further as I am always listening to our guests.

Thank again you for your time and valued feedback.

Richard Letko-GM

Reviewed 9 December 2013

For the life of me I can not believe others rated this place so high.
First.
The Food.. you might want to skip the breakfast... unless of course you want ice cold food ( sausages, etc). If you are going to eat breakfast... have the guy make you a egg, that way you will know that it was cooked and served warm.

Lunch I had the BBQ sandwich... it was so bad I could not eat it.

Dinner: you would think that with 2 bad experiences ... I would skip dinner. Well I tried the chicken Alfredo ... it was just ok. Not good enough to want to go back

Second:
The Rooms: Don't plan on getting a good nights sleep.... they have Steam heat... so the room will be VERY cold ( I was there in December). When you turn up the heat... you can't shut it off. So the room will be like a hot sauna the rest of the night. So I was stuck with only 2 room temperatures.... very cold or very hot.

The carpeting is very old and dirt in the corners of the room.
The bed is said to get firmer or softer upon preference... I was not able to change it at all.

Third: Not Sure they really clean. They spray this VERY strong chemical in the air so you think they cleaned. It really is a bad smell. I always worry... when a hotel is spraying a very strong chemical to cover up the poor cleaning job.

Fourth:
DO NOT HAVE A MEETING HERE.
Re-read the room temperature problem above... the same will be true in your meeting room.
The 3 day class I had .... participants complained the whole time about the room comfort. Either too hot or too cold.

Fifth: Customer Service
Yes, they are very friendly. Not helpful... but very friendly.

I am a Hilton member and never have I stayed at such a place. I am embarrassed for Hilton... I expected better.

I would never stay here again.

1  Thank ChgoGal2
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko- General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

I am truly sorry to hear how disappointed your experience was while staying at our hotel. We do strive to be the best along with giving the best service possible while also thinking out of the box when a problem occurs to correct it. However, to fix a problem we have to know about a problem, and once we do we focus all out attention on making it right.

This past year our guest survey scores are within the top percentile of all Hilton Garden Inns. We just received a quality inspection this month and again for the 2nd time this year scored a Outstanding which is the highest rating a hotel may receive (this includes cleanliness of the hotel).

I do agree having city steam to heat the building has it challenges, but this is the first time I am aware of this much of an issue. However because it is challenging we are scheduled to get high efficiently boilers in 2014 (which means we will not be dependent on steam any longer).

Our café does serve either a breakfast buffet or we have made to order items the chef prepares. The buffet is heated and we continually check to make sure the temperature is regulated per city standards. We also added lids to the buffet hot items to keep the heat in longer. I apologize it the items were not heated accordingly, but I will look double check our settings.

Again, I am sincerely apologize on behalf of my staff and I for not giving you the experience you deserve. We understand at times we may have issues, but what my team and I do once they are brought to our attention is “Make It Right”

Richard Letko-GM

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Was in Indianapolis for a wedding around the corner. Very convenient hotel. Staff was awesome. My room was very comfortable and the bartender was great. But above all, I had a 4:20 wake up call and wanted my car ready by 5 am to catch a very early flight and when I got downstairs to check out at 4:50 my car was ready out front. No waiting. Very impressive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo