“Quick but good stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #17 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is in an older building which gives it character. It has a small but excellent restaurant and is in the middle of downtown, and therefore within walking distance to other restaurants, and several sports and entertainment venues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-GM at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Ms. Lataunya B.

Thank you very much for the great review.

We are very privliaged to have a such a wonderful restaurant and staff. We really appreciate you mentioning your experience with our restaurant in your comments. A lot of our guest are unaware of the quality of food, great service, and that we are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner along with room service.

Richard Letko-GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stayed several nights at this hotel for a short honeymoon trip. My older sister had stayed at the same hotel several times prior and highly recommended we stay here during our time in Indianapolis. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The lobby was gorgeous and the room did not disappoint. We asked in advance for a room that had a view of the city and that is exactly what we got!. I give this hotel 5 stars. The only con was the mattress was a little uncomfortable and the pillows were small compared to what I am used to, but that did not ruin the stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ms. Kimberly W.

Thank you very much for the great review.

It was great to read the you heard about our hotel through word of mouth. I was also pleased to see that we gave you the experience you were hoping for. I do apologize about your pillows. It appears that you were not the only guest who had that opinion, which warranted Hilton Garden Inn to change. We now have two different size pillows in each room two that are standard size, and two that are king size. I do apologize they were not in during your stay, but next time you visit us please let us know your thoughts.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed her for the weekend of the Indianapolis mini marathon. Everyone was helpful and courteous. Our room was lovely and plenty of hot water for long post race showers. Only disappointment was that we could not register in this far in advance for next years race.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Ms. Jen M,

Thank you very much for the great review.

Indianapolis gets a little crazy during Mini Marathon. I was glad to see that we gave you a positive experience. I am form St. Louis, and it appears you are from there too so you understand don’t tell me we are going to give a great experience SHOW ME……

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here for monthly date nite and it did not disappoint. Great location, clean rooms , and friendly staff. Easy access to and from any activities in town. Bed was comfy although the toilet was a little loud and made a weird sound when flushed, it was a minor issue compared to everything else. Would definitely stay here agin anytime we are in town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Ms. Felicia D,

Thank you very much for the great review.

There are a lot of hotels in Indianapolis to choose from on date night and we are so very happy you decided to stay with us. Next time you are in town please let us know, and we will do our best to make it even a little more special.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here from 4-27-14 to 4-30-14. They upgraded my room for me - to a great suite - at no extra charge. The bed was awesome! The valet parking guy "T" was so helpful, patient and kind as was the desk clerk who checked me in. Prices were not really too bad for room service - wait time was minimal - servers very nice. All in all I had a 5 star experience thanks to all the staff - would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I was in room 1610 - nice and quiet the entire time I was there - my value
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard LEtko-GM at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Ms. Denise T,

Thank you very much for the great review. We work hard to bring the right team together to give each guest the best experience possible. When I read these great comments it reinforces we are putting the right people in place. I will be sure to share with our team.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I spent about 4 days here in indy for business. I had stayed at the Hampton Inn previously and this is significantly better in every category. The prices were similar and the garden inn is a 3 star vs a 2 star hotel. This hotel is old but it isn't dingy or dirty. The staff was very friendly. The location is great. The bar was good and there was always free coffee. The fans in the room were a little loud and made some weird noises. The beds were a little firmer than I'd want but are by no means terrible. The rooms had microwaves and refrigerators which is nice. Actually has a plug in ethernet cable and the wifi actually was quick enough to stream netflix and do work online. The water pressure is nothing to write home about. The rooms are quiet, as I could barely hear my neighbors ever. I was on the 12th floor and had a great corner room with an awesome view. I am more a marriott loyalist, but this hotel is pretty nice and I would certainly stay here again however the Hampton Inn has lost my business from here after, even though hilton owns them both. Stay here if you are between the Hampton and the garden

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Wow....Thank you for such a great review. We think the Hampton Inn is great, so we really appreciate you taking a chance with us.

My team works hard to put the right people in place to give every guest the best possible experience they deserve. We are not perfect, however, we always look for opportunities to make a diffrence, and for all our guests to leave knowing we care.

I hope to meet you on your next visit,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for a few days while attending a convention. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and courteous when I checked in and during the other times I had to ask them a question. The room were clean and very comfortable as can be expected from Hilton. My room had a cooling fridge, microwave oven and Keurig coffee machine. I brought my own coffee, bottled water and half and half to brew but make sure you run it with water at least twice to clear and sanitize it before actually brewing your coffee. They did provided 1 reg. coffee and 2 decaf along with 2 coffee creamers and 2 cups. The bathroom is spacious but I want to point out 3 things. First, the faucet on the sink is a little difficult to operate and doesn't move as smoothly as it should. Second, the shower/bath faucet's Temp Control DOES NOT work effectively and consistently as it should so if you do shower, be careful in trying to find the right temperature. Third, there were no place to hang your towels other than the bar that is located within the tub area. The other thing I have noticed was the room's A/C / Heating fan is a bit on the noisy side from the air blowing. For those who plan to bring their computer, the internet is free of charge and Hilton usually charges a fee for this. For those who drive, Hilton do not have their own parking lot but there is a public parking garage across the street which charges $12 a day and if you self-park. If you like to do valet parking, do call Hilton and find out the parking fees for this. When I saw Hilton's the website, I was under the impression they had their own parking facility. And lastly, this is a good location where you can walk around downtown for sightseeing and finding restaurants to eat at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am happy to hear you found the hotel to your to your satisfaction even though it appears you had a few issues that we will look at addresssing immendiatley.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Richard Letko