Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
US$153
US$263
US$202
  • Restaurant
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$192
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,131 results
All reviewsmonument circlebank buildinggreat locationvalet parkingwithin walking distancean older buildingcorner roomvalet servicebeautiful hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffself parkroom was largewould definitely stay here againconvention centerbusiness triplucas oil stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was clean. The first day we arrived it appeared that only 1 elevator was working. The lobby and hallways throughout are outdated. The staff was generally helpful but there were a couple of times when I had asked questions and received answers, but they seemed annoyed. This is a pet peeve of mine especially because both times they were not busy with any other guests. The room was very clean and comfortable. Mattress was a little on the firm side but comfortable as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Elizabeth S
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Elizabeth S,

I am disappointed to hear that my guest service reps seemed annoyed when asked a question. As you can see from our other comments they are usually very good with service. I am addressing this now and would like more information. If you would call me directly to discuss it would be appreciated.

Again, I am very sorry you did not get the positive experience and service you deserve.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was the first time I've been to the state of Indiana, let alone the city of Indianapolis. I can tell this is a walking town just because of the lack of parking around the hotel. Guest services was very helpful and accommodating even though they had my reservation for Monday night when I said Sunday night over the phone a few days prior to my arrival. This is a very nice hotel in a very nice location that I might look into returning should I come back to Indianapolis. However, there were a few items that I feel need to be addressed beforehand:

1. On my floor, a guest next to my room left their room service tray next to their door, which included the plate cover, a salt and pepper shaker and a glass of water with plastic wrap around the rim. Between the first time I got into my room, which was around 8:30 or 9 p.m. until I left for the final time at 9:30 a.m., the same tray moved from the floor to a table next to the elevator. The details of the items were still in place.
2. I decided to go to the pool/hot tub area before attending a workshop and it appeared that items from the night before were left unattended. They included used towels and empty candy boxes.

I hope these items are addressed soon.

Room Tip: Decide how comfortable you want to be and how much you're willing to pay for that comfort.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Cleist,

I want to apologize for the room tray not being picked up in a timely manner, and pool area unorganized that is unacceptable, and will be addressed immediately. Our goal is to give all guests a positive experience, and those issues will be addressed.

I guarantee next time you stay with us you will see our attention to detail has improved.

Thanks again for your comments,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I enjoyed my trip to Indianapolis. The Hilton hotel is very nice - great staff, very helpful! Lots of amenities! The breakfast is great and located right near the front door. The downstairs pool and sauna were clean and not crowed with a lot of people. My room was always in good order. I didn't particularly like my room location as I looked out to another room/building and it was dark and somewhat depressing. I didn't spend much time in the room luckily.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Patricia G,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and giving us high marks. We share all comments with our staff, and it really energizes them to read positive comments. I do apologize about your room size. Since we are a restored historic building in the middle of downtown our rooms have different shapes and looks. The sad thing is that being in the heart of the city the views are not the greatest in any room, but we do try to make up for that in giving great service, and a positive experience while with us.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This Hilton Garden Inn location is near the center of downtown Indianapolis in a former bank. The building's historic nature adds a novelty to the classic Hilton Garden Inn experience. The staff is very friendly and some amenities typical of downtown properties are available, such as valet parking. Breakfast offerings are Hilton Garden Inn standard items with some extra higher quality items available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure to read such a wonderful review, and thank you for mentioning our hotel is a historic building. Some individuals do not realize that interesting face. We strive to put the right people in place in order to give a positive experience, and reading your comments supports we are meeting standards.

I hope to meet you on your next visit,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The minute I walked in I knew this place would be a favorite. Friendly service, happy faces, busy lobby. They have a nice grill and bar in lobby. The atmosphere is elegant and the rooms are spacious. You couldn't ask for a better location. Right off the circle fountain downtown. We walked to our restaurant. Walked to a blues bar and had a drink, walked to a ice cream parlor and had dessert. We watched the fun on the circle plaza then walked back to the hotel. The parking is a bit expensive: self parking down the road or valet.

Room Tip: High floors are best to stay away from street noise on weekends.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kaye G.

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear we gave a positive experience, and was able to enjoy the city. Everything is within walking distance from us which make touring our city so enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!