Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
JW Marriott Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
US$233
US$213
  • Restaurant
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$155
US$204
US$174
1,131 results
All reviewsmonument circlebank buildinggreat locationvalet parkingwithin walking distancean older buildingcorner roomvalet servicebeautiful hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffself parkroom was largewould definitely stay here againconvention centerbusiness triplucas oil stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The most interesting thing about this hotel is the building. It was a refurbished old bank building. They kept many charming old touches, which makes it a very interesting place and definitely a cut above a standard cookie-cutter new building.

I had a perfectly fine stay and would gladly go there again. A few suggestions, though, on how ti improve:
1. The space for the valet parking is VERY tight. I had to circle the block several times before I could even pull up. I'm not sure what the fix would be, but it was annoying after a long drive to have to fight with traffic.
2. The sign-in process for the internet was very complicated. Seemed like it took a step or two too many. Could be simplified. At least it was free as an HHonors member.
3. The fitness center was small to begin with. Very small. But one treadmill wasn't working nor was the video feed on any of the machines.
4. The closet was really hard to find. I saw another poster comment on that. It took me a while to find it too.
5. Interesting idea to have the adjustable firmness on the bed. But one almost needs to un-make the bed to get at the controls. Then, after all that, the controls weren't working. Argh.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear KenMKE,

Thanks for the detailed review, I want to apologizes for the issues you had, but appreciate you letting us know and still giving a wonderful review. I will make sure we review your comments and do the best we can to fix or at least do our best to make them better.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Historic hotel in downtown Indianapolis. Excellent customer service. Comfortable beds. Fast room service. Suites have refrigerator and microwave. Convenient to all restaurants and map to area restaurants provided.

Dear Robin S,

What a great review words cannot describe how much your positive comments makes a difference to our team. The reason we can consistently give great service is because our team sees such wonderful comments as these which lifts their spirits by letting them know what they do matters in giving a great experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for a concert at the fairgrounds which was just a short 15 minute drive with traffic. The hotel was short staffed on valet and so we had trouble getting our car re-parked after the concert but otherwise the hotel is very clean and quiet. The beds are very hard so unless you like it that way this could be a problem. The adjustable lever on the mattress does nothing.

Dear chr1524,

My apologies about the valet service which I will be addressing. Our beds should be adjustable by the dial, but again I am sorry that that did not work properly. We will be looking at that immediately. We do want to thank you for the kind review even with those issues, We want to give a great experience to all guests. Next time you are in town please let me know I would like to make up for the issues you received.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Don't read into any of this. Go to the hotel and experience it for your self. I have been coming here for 2 years now at lease once a month. Its consistent, friendly and the value is un real. This is the place to stay when in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gilberto T

Dear Gilberto T,

WOW!!!!! Thanks for being part of out family, We really do our best by hiring the right team that has the personality to really get to know our guests, and especially our guest who stay with us often. I will make sure I share your comments on the great experience you receive consistently.

Richard Letko

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an anniversary getaway. It was lovely. Right in downtown, in a renovated bank building. It has beauty and character. Service was wonderful and the room was large and comfortable. I am a big fan of the Hilton Garden Inn line, and this was the best ever.

Dear Efeamster,

Thank you for such a positive review. We are proud of our building being different from a newly built HGI. Thanks for pointing that out and I was so happy to read that we were able to provide such a wonderful experience,