I spent 9 nights in the Hilton Garden Inn on Market St and can truly say it was a home away from home.
Unlike the other two HGI properties i have stayed in, this was not a new construction. The hotel is within the walls of an old bank building. It is a very elegant decor which incorporates many of the elements of the old bank. They have posted photos of the old bank and interesting bits of information about its former life.
My room (king bed) was very spacious and the housekeeping staff kept it spotless the entire time. The A/C took some getting used to - the thermostat did not seem to be completely accurate but after the first day i figured out how to adjust it to my liking.
The desk staff was plesant and professional. But i have to say that a couple of times their directions to various attractions were inaccurate or out of date. But i felt that they were far and above the calibre of most i have encountered in my travels.
Their event coordinator, Lindsey, was endlessly patient and proactive with the organizers of our group's visit and really made us feel like she was concerned about our arrangements and enjoyment.
The hotel sits practically on the Circle and is an easy walk to dozens of restaurants of all price and variety. There was never a problem finding somewhere to dine. Within the circle is the "Chocolate Cafe" - candy store and ice cream parlor. Definitely a "must do"! Also, stop at the "Tea Pots & Treasures" store directly across from the hotel for a bit of calm and sanity.
Nothing to do with the hotel - but it was very aggrivating to me that the majestic Monument in the center of the Circle was not open after 5:00 at night and actually CLOSED on Mondays and Tuesdays! In the middle of vacation season? Give me a break! Very very very poor planning on the part of the City or whoever regulates that attraction. Still - be sure to take a long time to walk around it and read the various inscriptions. It is truly amazing. Just sorry that i was unable to take the trip to the top and purchase souvineres because of the screwy hours of operation.
But back to the Hilton Garden Inn- two thumbs WAY UP for the hotel and the amenities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, an Indianapolis, Indiana hotel close to restaurants, museums and shopping. Relax in a spacious guest room or suite at this hotel in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. Each guest room features a work desk, microwave, refrigerator, complimentary internet access and a 32-inch HDTV. Suites feature additional living areas with sleeper sofas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Indianapolis