“Best Ropes Course We've Ever Done”

Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I both have previous experience on different challenge/ropes courses and she was even an instructor at one for a summer. This is by far the most fun and challenging course that we have ever done! I experienced elements that I had never done before such as the hanging rings and the giant Tarzan swing at the end. Prepare to get a little mulch on you/in your shoes from the zip line landing zones. We had an amazing afternoon climbing, zipping and traversing the five different zones that the course offers. We loved our experience and we are excited to try another one of their great courses in the future!

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"instructor"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I decided to try the Go Ape Treetop adventure with my sister for her birthday gift. Indeed it was an adventure, and a nice girl's afternoon out. We are both a bit scared of heights and thought about backing out after we got to the first real station, but we decided to forge ahead and were glad we did. There are different stations along the way and you can choose an easier or more difficult path through several of the obstacles. Some are more of a mental challenge, especially if you have a fear of heights or falling. Each station ends with a zip line. The instructors do not ascend the ladders in the course, but are on the ground below walking around if anyone needs direction. They do a short training session prior to the adventure and assist with applying the harness and making sure things are on correctly. There is a training station that is only about 4 feet off the ground so you can get a feel for what you will be doing during the course. There are pictographs up in the trees which help guide you through each task. We had a great time and although I didn't particularly enjoy a couple of the obstacles, I was able to get through them and make it to the end. They clocked my speed on one of the zips and I was flying through the air at 20mph. What a rush! I will say that I was sore the next day, due to my upper body strength not being great, but it was not something that would deter me from going back. I recommend wearing gloves.

1  Thank AudKat
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is the MUST DO activity in Indianapolis. We just finished our tree top adventure and the fall colors are amazing in Eagle Creek. The staff is extremely helpful and your safety is their top priority. The course is a bit of a challenge and you must be able to climb rope ladders and traverse many challenges up in the trees but we made it all the way to the last zip line. We will make this our annual fall outing for years to come. Thank you GO APE for choosing Eagle Creek in Indianapolis.

1  Thank Alan D
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

12 yr old, mom & dad had so much fun. Swinging into nets, zipping over ravines and crossing from platform to platform on various "walkways"...it was more fun than I expected. We will b back.

1  Thank Paul N