“Neat experience. Your blood will be pumping!”

Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Neat experience. Your blood will be pumping!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I'm mildly afraid of heights, but this ended up being a lot of fun. It's a zip line course with other obstacles and adventures thrown in. You can move at your own pace and there are difficult and easy options for many of the challenges. Bring a jacket because it's cold when you are using the zip lines.

1 Thank Sarah P

Fishers, Indiana
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“This was so much fun! Jessica Rules!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I tried this out to celebrate our anniversary. We had so much fun. Jessica was an awesome instructor for our group. She was a great cheerleader and offered some good advice along the way. When we go back, we may see if we can request her...she was that awesome! All of the instructors were helpful throughout the course too.

It appears that they spread the groups out in the scheduling so that you never have to wait. We moved right along through all 5 courses.

Advice - stop and look around from time to time. Don't feel like you have to move fast through the obstacles. Take in the experience and the great setting.

We will be back and we will be brining friends. We may even try to plan a trip to another GoApe location this Fall. Thanks for a great experience. This is a definite recommended "thing to do".

Visited May 2014
2 Thank TheStolleFamily
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ropes Course We've Ever Done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I both have previous experience on different challenge/ropes courses and she was even an instructor at one for a summer. This is by far the most fun and challenging course that we have ever done! I experienced elements that I had never done before such as the hanging rings and the giant Tarzan swing at the end. Prepare to get a little mulch on you/in your shoes from the zip line landing zones. We had an amazing afternoon climbing, zipping and traversing the five different zones that the course offers. We loved our experience and we are excited to try another one of their great courses in the future!

Visited April 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Mental and Physical Challenge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I decided to try the Go Ape Treetop adventure with my sister for her birthday gift. Indeed it was an adventure, and a nice girl's afternoon out. We are both a bit scared of heights and thought about backing out after we got to the first real station, but we decided to forge ahead and were glad we did. There are different stations along the way and you can choose an easier or more difficult path through several of the obstacles. Some are more of a mental challenge, especially if you have a fear of heights or falling. Each station ends with a zip line. The instructors do not ascend the ladders in the course, but are on the ground below walking around if anyone needs direction. They do a short training session prior to the adventure and assist with applying the harness and making sure things are on correctly. There is a training station that is only about 4 feet off the ground so you can get a feel for what you will be doing during the course. There are pictographs up in the trees which help guide you through each task. We had a great time and although I didn't particularly enjoy a couple of the obstacles, I was able to get through them and make it to the end. They clocked my speed on one of the zips and I was flying through the air at 20mph. What a rush! I will say that I was sore the next day, due to my upper body strength not being great, but it was not something that would deter me from going back. I recommend wearing gloves.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AudKat
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great fall afternoon at GO APE in Indianapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is the MUST DO activity in Indianapolis. We just finished our tree top adventure and the fall colors are amazing in Eagle Creek. The staff is extremely helpful and your safety is their top priority. The course is a bit of a challenge and you must be able to climb rope ladders and traverse many challenges up in the trees but we made it all the way to the last zip line. We will make this our annual fall outing for years to come. Thank you GO APE for choosing Eagle Creek in Indianapolis.

Visited November 2013