“Not a very relaxing place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Evan Todd Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Evan Todd Spa and Salon, an AVEDA concept spa and salon in downtown Indianapolis on the 6th floor of the Conrad Hotel. We use only nature-based AVEDA products that nurture your spirit and rejuvenate your body. In addition to the spa and salon, our facilities include an indoor pool, state of the art fitness center and sauna for the perfect urban getaway. Let us pamper you at Evan Todd Spa & Salon – where beauty and well-being converge.
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I remember Spa Chakra - a peaceful zen like place. I came here while visiting from out of town, for a manicure and a pedicure. I had an express manicure (which was like what you'd get at your locally owned small mani/pedi shop) and a Caribbean pedicure, which was the only pedicure with massage on the menu that I could see.

Making an appointment was a nightmare. I live on the west coast, and I first emailed with them, and they were not respondent, and multiple people then responded with conflicting information. I gave them my phone number and they told me to call them. I guess they didn't need my business that bad. I eventually did call, and they never called me back after I left two voice mails. Eventually I talked to a human being after three days of failed communication - on my way to the airport. I wanted to come here - I remembered Spa Chakra and I love the Conrad, and my hotel, JW Marriott, didn't have a spa. So making an appointment was a terrible pain.

I have to say, my manicure and pedicure look great, they did a wonderful job, however, I generally go to high end spas for a relaxing experience. This is, price wise, as pricey as the Fairmont in Sonoma, California, that I go to for a super relaxing experience. However, this was not relaxing.

No one who worked there could have been older than 25. Spa professionals of tomorrow have to start someplace, but, I was shocked at the lack of maturity in the staff for a high end hotel spa. The pedicure area is in the middle of a busy corridor. The chairs are not relaxing at all, and perhaps I'm spoiled with the massage chairs of places cheaper than this. The young ladies were dressed super funky, and I felt like I was at a MAC counter, not at a relaxing spa. I was offered a water upon arrival, and when I ordered a glass of champagne it didn't arrive until my manicure was half way finished (which took place after the pedicure).

Anyway, the staff were all nice, but, they were super chatty - when I go to a spa like this I expect to be encouraged to chill out, relax....and I wasn't. I was privy to gossip and chit chatting and the usual hair salon type of stuff. And they were really nice women, but, I just wanted to be quiet and fall asleep while getting my foot massage. That didn't happen.

My nails look great, don't get me wrong, but the vibe wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted zen chilling relaxation...and sadly did not get it here.

4  Thank Sarah S

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I spent the night at the Conrad for a girls' night out and decided to get a pedicure before heading home to my toddler. :) The spa itself is very pretty. The front desk staff were quite hospitable, offering you a beverage and asking you if you'd like to sit poolside or in the nail spa area. The nail tech came for me right on time. She was also very nice. I was surprised that they did not have massage chairs. Rather you sit on a soft bench next to other clients. The pricey $55 pedicure itself was nothing out of the ordinary to my dismay. The scrub did leave my legs nice and soft, but just a standard foot file was used to "smooth" feet. I don't think they even used callous remover. The foot/calf massage was mediocre, the nail polish application was just ok. Again to my amazement their nail dryers were just a heated fan, no UV light and the area surrounding the dryer was a bit dirty. The nail tech was very sweet and kind and even the check-out person was great. Unfortunately, I don't feel as though my toes and feet look nearly as nice as they do when I leave my regular nail salon where I pay $20 less than Evan Todd. I can say I tried it and experienced a wonderful staff, but I definitely won't be back for the pedi service next time I stay at the Conrad! :(

1  Thank NikNak30
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I arranged multiple appointments for about 8 girls for my best friend's bachelorette party. I worked with Lisa to set up appointments and they were not organized what-so-ever. I put aside the inconvenience of it and was excited for our day at the spa. The spa creates a great ambience, and is absolutely beautiful. We were told we would have enough people, although we were short one girl to do a pedi and had to wait...no problem...I get it. After getting my nails done, I waited 20 minutes by the pool, figuring I was good to go. The technician never told me to wait longer (supposedly an hour). I later learned my pedi was smudged. The spa offered me to come back but we had a day full of festivities and I couldn't. The other girls had their pedis smudged but they were able to fix it before they left. My friend waited well over an hour after lunch to put her shoes on-in winter! So when we get back to hotel later, her toes are smudged. The next day my friend and another girl had their mani's chipping off! Some nails were half off. They hadn't even showered or done anything to make this happen. I don't believe they put a sealer on at all or were using cheap nail polish. I contacted Lisa twice by email and got no response.I even sent her photos of the nails! I then called the salon a month later and she said she would have a manager contact me. NO RESPONSE! I think because they know most of us are out of state, they don't care to reimburse us and know we are rarely in town. One girl is local and could use their service as well as me when I visit. This was so disappointing and unprofessional. I work at a hotel and spa in Chicago and we would never treat our guests with this kind of service. You know how if you have a bad service...trust me, I intend to spread the word!

7  Thank angm212
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have been fortunate enough to stay at the wonderful Conrad on several occasions and no trip is complete without a trip to the spa and hair salon- I usually get a massage,facial and end with a blow out. The hair stylist are great and the products used make my hair silky smooth and healthy looking.