“This place rocks! It's a must if you're in Indianapolis.”

The Libertine Liquor Bar
Ranked #258 of 2,380 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pennsylvania Street
Transit: Public Transportation stops are conveniently located directly in front of our building on Washington Street.
Description: Http://www.libertineindy.com/
Chicago, Illinois
“This place rocks! It's a must if you're in Indianapolis.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

What a great bar, knowledgeable staff and amazing drinks. It's so different than any other bar I've visited. We ate a couple of fantastic appetizers, but went for the drinks. It will not disappoint.

• Visited July 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Bar”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Can't comment on the food, but the bar was outstanding. Service was A+. Variety of liquors with some new brands was excellent. Just happened to stop in and went back twice.

Visited May 2014
Louisiana
“So good we came back the next night.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife, our adult son, and I had had a good dinner and we wanted a nightcap. My son had heard of Libertine, so we went. I am a lover of cocktail classics, so I started with just a Scotch neat as did my son. My wife however, took the plunge and the bartender suggested an off-menu cocktail that they created that day because one of them spent all day picking fresh mulberries. Wow! It was good. After that, we went for the unique cocktails both on and off the menu. The bar has a great atmosphere. We loved it so much we came back the next night after dinner as well. The bartenders are knowledgeable and sociable. We had a great time learning about their creations. They use all quality spirits and fresh ingredients. All lemon or lime juices are fresh squeezed. Herbs are fresh. The whole process is fun. Drinks are all about $11. A good deal really.

• Visited July 2014
Chicago, IL
“Delicious Cocktails & Food; Friendly, Upscale Vibe”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Was really impressed with my experience at Libertine Liquor Bar; definitely the total package. The space is tasteful, modern and upscale - the dim lighting helps create an intimate vibe and the noise level energetic but not overbearing. The staff we encountered were wonderful; friendly, efficient and helpful. The craft cocktails are thoughtful and creative with a vast, well laid out menu; they were on par with Chicago's top cocktail bars. The only oddity was it appeared all cocktails were shaken - even one's that were nearly pure booze, perhaps to put on a show. I particularly loved the rye based cocktail with Fernet Branca, coffee and Angostura bitters.The food is daring, modern and well executed; I strongly recommend the Deviled Eggs - such a cool presentation and phenomenal taste. Quality ingredients are utilized both for the cocktails (i.e. all house made mixers) and the cuisine. We chose to sit at the long bar and greatly enjoyed being able to watch and interact with the bartenders. Puck was our primary server and I loved all three of his cocktails (the name of the bartender who created each cocktail is listed on the menu; the first one of Puck's I tried was so wonderful I opted to keep choosing his creations). While Libertine is not inexpensive, it is well worth it considering the ambiance and quality. Definitely a place we look forward to returning to next time we are in town.

• Visited May 2014
Indianapolis
“Amazing concept”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

A group of my friend decided to start our evening with this as our first stop. The Mixologists were wonderful with their drink suggestion and masterful creation of beverages. Mike. our mixologist, made creative drink suggestion and was a pleasure.

Roasted bone marrow and brandy shots!! Fun fun fun