“Probably one of my favorite bars”

The Libertine Liquor Bar
Ranked #268 of 2,426 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pennsylvania Street
Transit: Public Transportation stops are conveniently located directly in front of our building on Washington Street.
Description: Http://www.libertineindy.com/
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This bar is located downtown. We were out and about just running into various places and having drinks. I was very impressed with how different this bar was compared to others. The server knew what he was talking about and recommended a carrot and ginger mixed drink that is probably on my top 10 drinks I have ever had. I wish I could remember what it was called. It was truly delicious. I tell friends about this place all the time. If you like unique drinks and an educated staff this is a place you must visit!!

3  Thank Victoria S

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is great and a swanky place to get crafty cocktails. My friend and I didn't drink so I can't attest to their awesomeness, but the cocktail list was several pages and most looked yummy.

Our server, Benjamin was great! Very knowledgable and helpful in suggestions and identifying was I could eat, being gluten, egg and dairy free. I did have a few different options, including the very delicious Bacon Flight and the oysters. The bacon flight seemed very popular and had 3 types: Lamb, Jowl and goose smoked bacon, which was more of a brand name regular bacon than actual goose bacon, as some reviewer have misinterpreted. The bacon was great and the sauces they were served with were tasty, particularly the applesauce and thyme dip (which I licked the bowl for the last drop)! I also had oysters which (normally being closer to a coast) were extremely over priced. I had 6 small Washington state oysters and it cost $28.00, needless to say I had a bit of sticker shock when the bill came out. But I have to remember that there is a cost to serving a coastal item, so very inland... The oysters were good, not fishy, so they tasted relatively fresh, and the mignonette was superb. The Beef cheeks looked delicious and I was told they were phenomenal.

We did have to swat at fruit flies around our table and food, which was a bit unappetizing, but having worked in a bar, they are hard to get rid of in the summer months with all the sugary cocktail mixes around.

Overall, great service, nice atmosphere, a bit over-priced on some items, but wonderful food. Very creative dishes!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

What a great bar, knowledgeable staff and amazing drinks. It's so different than any other bar I've visited. We ate a couple of fantastic appetizers, but went for the drinks. It will not disappoint.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Can't comment on the food, but the bar was outstanding. Service was A+. Variety of liquors with some new brands was excellent. Just happened to stop in and went back twice.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife, our adult son, and I had had a good dinner and we wanted a nightcap. My son had heard of Libertine, so we went. I am a lover of cocktail classics, so I started with just a Scotch neat as did my son. My wife however, took the plunge and the bartender suggested an off-menu cocktail that they created that day because one of them spent all day picking fresh mulberries. Wow! It was good. After that, we went for the unique cocktails both on and off the menu. The bar has a great atmosphere. We loved it so much we came back the next night after dinner as well. The bartenders are knowledgeable and sociable. We had a great time learning about their creations. They use all quality spirits and fresh ingredients. All lemon or lime juices are fresh squeezed. Herbs are fresh. The whole process is fun. Drinks are all about $11. A good deal really.