“Unique and Amazing!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pennsylvania Street
Transit: Public Transportation stops are conveniently located directly in front of our building on Washington Street.
Description: Http://www.libertineindy.com/
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stumbled up one this gem. Great service and our bartender was awesome to watch. I had a cucumber mint cocktail and my husband an old fashioned. This is not a Miller Lite or Absolute kind of place. Liquors are from small batched distilleries. Strong and tasty! Definitely fun find!

There are newer reviews for The Libertine Liquor Bar

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I did not eat here - this is a place for drinking. They make cocktails here and these are incredible. There are many incredibly complex recipes and the bartenders make them like total experts - fun to watch. Great place to start an evening... Great decor (one long bar!)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This bar is located downtown. We were out and about just running into various places and having drinks. I was very impressed with how different this bar was compared to others. The server knew what he was talking about and recommended a carrot and ginger mixed drink that is probably on my top 10 drinks I have ever had. I wish I could remember what it was called. It was truly delicious. I tell friends about this place all the time. If you like unique drinks and an educated staff this is a place you must visit!!

3  Thank Victoria S
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is great and a swanky place to get crafty cocktails. My friend and I didn't drink so I can't attest to their awesomeness, but the cocktail list was several pages and most looked yummy.

Our server, Benjamin was great! Very knowledgable and helpful in suggestions and identifying was I could eat, being gluten, egg and dairy free. I did have a few different options, including the very delicious Bacon Flight and the oysters. The bacon flight seemed very popular and had 3 types: Lamb, Jowl and goose smoked bacon, which was more of a brand name regular bacon than actual goose bacon, as some reviewer have misinterpreted. The bacon was great and the sauces they were served with were tasty, particularly the applesauce and thyme dip (which I licked the bowl for the last drop)! I also had oysters which (normally being closer to a coast) were extremely over priced. I had 6 small Washington state oysters and it cost $28.00, needless to say I had a bit of sticker shock when the bill came out. But I have to remember that there is a cost to serving a coastal item, so very inland... The oysters were good, not fishy, so they tasted relatively fresh, and the mignonette was superb. The Beef cheeks looked delicious and I was told they were phenomenal.

We did have to swat at fruit flies around our table and food, which was a bit unappetizing, but having worked in a bar, they are hard to get rid of in the summer months with all the sugary cocktail mixes around.

Overall, great service, nice atmosphere, a bit over-priced on some items, but wonderful food. Very creative dishes!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

What a great bar, knowledgeable staff and amazing drinks. It's so different than any other bar I've visited. We ate a couple of fantastic appetizers, but went for the drinks. It will not disappoint.