“Burgers, Sandwiches, and Beer Oh My!”

Scotty's Brewhouse Downtown
Ranked #128 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Burgers, Sandwiches, and Beer Oh My!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've been to the downtown location a few times and I'm never disappointed. Even when they're busy the service is reasonable. The only issue I had was when my order arrived with the wrong sidedish, but that was corrected within a few minutes. I've liked the appetizers I've had and well as the sandwiches and burgers I've ordered. The beer selection is pretty extensive and they have plenty of local microbrews as well. As the weather has warmed up I finally got onto the outdoor patio and enjoyed that experience as well. Sitting inside gives you access to several TVs with whatever games happen to be playing at that moment. I wish I could give a more specific review, but I always try different things when I'm there and I haven't found anything to be poor yet.

• Visited July 2014

“Burgers and Beer”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've been to Scotty's brewhouse a few times… it's the Shewman Burger that keeps me coming back! You have several different options for the pattie, I usually stick to the Indiana home grown burger. The burger comes topped with peanut butter, jalapenos, cheddar, and bacon and it's to die for! It sounds like a strange combinations but it's the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! The jalapenos are fresh and spicy but paired very well with creamy warm peanut butter that melts in your mouth! There are several side options to choose from as well but again I get the same sweet potatos fries with caramel dipping sauce. It's probably not on your diet but if you get a cheat night this is it! I also got the house brewed double IPA which was alright. Our server seemed busy although the restaurant was far from full. The rest of my table were out of drinks for quite some time. We didn't have drink menus and it took awhile to get alcoholics drinks which were delivered by another server so many that was the issue.

• Visited July 2014
Indianapolis, IN
“We love Scotty's”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We have dinner at Scotty's Brewhouse Downtown every change we get. This is usually before Indiana Fever basketball games but any excuse to go to Scotty's is a good one. My wife must eat gluten free and Scotty's has an extensive gluten free section in their menu. In addition they carry several types of gluten free beer. Finally the servers are efficient and friendly particularly Dan and Josh whom we ask for in that order upon arrival at Scotty's Downtown.

Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Mediocre service and dirty smelly bar area”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I was tired and starving after traveling all day to get there so I had the bartender wash the dirty sticky bar top and braved it. Food was OK but they did have a killer pale ale so I'll give them that.

1 Thank RQ-Traveler12
Fort Collins, CO
“Staff and Manager make this a wonderful experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is such a fun place to go. Giant outdoor patio. Great food. But the manager at this particular restaurant makes the experience the best! There is nothing like a restaurant where the manager takes the time to talk with guests. The manager here took time to tell us how the salsa was made. He stopped by the table. His staff was well trained. The staff makes all the difference int he world!

• Visited May 2014