“Bachelor Party Palace”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
“Bachelor Party Palace”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I want to thank all of the staff and management for a fantastic bachelor party weekend. Being the best man, my job was to make plans for everything and this hotel gave us that opportunity. I will comment on the 2 things: the staff and the suite.

1: Staff
I arrived a bit under dressed in basketball shorts and a t-shirt as I had just came from work (I run athletics for a Youth Center) and was treated no differently. Kari had helped me set up my reservation and was able to show me to my room, make sure we had everything we needed from dishes to bedding to menus of restaurants. She made little details that had a lasting impression. When we needed extra towels, she not only got them, but they were nicely placed in a wicker basket. When she knew it was a bachelor party, we got complimentary snacks and locally brewed beer. I do not know of any hotel that encourages bachelor parties, but Kari and Mike made us feel like VIP guests. When it came to making sure all 6 guys had their variety, Kari had a Keurig brought to our room to accommodate everyone’s morning needs.

Not being from Indy, we were all a bit at a loss as to what to do or where to go. Kari had a stack of info for us including menus, maps, brew tours, and late night food options. This was truly a blessing as we didn’t know where to go. We were all impressed with the staff at the Alexander.

2: Suite
I have stayed at the W Lakeshore (Chicago), The Drake (Chicago), Lowes Vanderbilt (Nashville, TN) and the Riu (Ocho Rios, Jamaica) and this place can be compared to the best. The suite was clean, the features (lamps, reading light (SO COOL), bathrooms, the wraparound balcony, bar stools, comfy couch) were amazing, and the furnishing were great (pots, pans, wine opener, bottle opener, full size fridge, dishwasher, cooktop). This 2 bedroom 2 bath option is better than any extended stay hotel I have ever been in.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Our weekend plans included taking in an Indians game and then staying downtown Indianapolis afterwards. We checked in at 3pm and had drinks at Plat99. Try the 12 Mile Limit Fizz and the Deshler. The drinks were fantastic, and the service was better. While hanging out, we got to see a wedding in the courtyard that was below Plat99. Plat99 is on the second floor of The Alexander. The weather was great. The artwork added a special touch. While everyone in the group lives in Indy, we all agreed that we felt like we were at a destination away from home. This helped us all relax. It was like we had a weekend getway adventure without all the headaches of travel. You can't beat that! Thanks to all at The Alexander who helped make the weekend a fun time.

Room Tip: If you have a preference for room choice, I'd just ask the staff. They were helpful, and I'm...
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was supposed to stay at another property but due to a user error my room was not booked. The hotel suggested I stay at the Alexander. At first I was hesitant because it seemed far from the sights of downtown. However, it is deceiving on a map and I enjoyed my nice shirt walks. Beautiful hotel that reminded me of modern European hotels. Big rooms and great staff. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Bringhurst, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I love the Alexander! It is very "hip and modern". A great place for a "girls weekend away"! The staff are very friendly and do whatever they can to make your stay the best. The Plat 99 bar is awesome. Very close to Lucas Oil Stadium and Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The rooms are beautiful. Can't wait to stay there again!

Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The Alexander is fabulous! The contemporary style and amazing artwork makes it my favorite hotel / restaurant / bar in Indy. We paid a small amount to get upgraded and stayed in a wonderful 2 bedroom condo where we had a full kitchen, balcony, and plenty of room for a fun girls weekend following a concert downtown. Platt 99s' atmosphere is inviting, relaxing and beautiful from the moment you enter. The view of the city from daytime to nighttime was amazing while having wonderful cocktails and appetizers. We look forward to spending another weekend at The Alexander!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

The theme of the Alexander is original art and it surely wins there. You can spend a couple hours exploring the various works throughout the hotel. Stop in for a drink at the hotel bar, Plat 99, where the light fixtures are art themselves.
Hotel close to Lucas Oil Stadium and up and coming Fountain Square neighborhood
Hotel is mod decor...glass, stainless....minimalist in a word. I enjoyed and found the staff cordial and generally helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The beauty of T/A is that we all share our experiences and make choices based on what we read....so here we go. Stayed at The Alexander last weekend for one night getaway. The hotel is modern,clean and walking distance-few minutes to the major downtown shops,restaurants,City Center mall. From the moment we arrived our stay was fantastic. We arrived several hours before stated check in. The valet,front desk and bar staff were all very friendly and eager to answer questions re: the city. I didn't realize I booked two queen beds and at my request was changed to king. Not a large room but very clean with room darkening shades,nice reading lights by bed and walk-in shower with adjustable rain head. Reasonably priced local snack foods and loved the empty refrigerator that we used for water, juices,sodas we picked up downtown.The bed and pillows were super comfortable. The bar is very nice an open and popular with guests and locals. Finally, about an hour into our drive home realized we left some clothes in a drawer. Called the hotel and within 3 days our clothes arrived via FedEX ...that's service !! Indy has at least four other 4 star hotels in same area, but with this experience we'll return to the Alexander.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple