“Great place/price for convention” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Alexander
Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place/price for convention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Overall great experience! Lovely, brand new property & great room (bed is a little hard though). Fantastic gym - someone wrote small, but I disagree. A lot of equipment & not one of those dingy little holes-in-the-wall. Delicious food/drinks at both Market Table breakfast buffet & Plat 99! Bellmen, servers, staff around hotel very helpful & cordial. Slightly off the main drag of downtown Indy, but no more than a ten minute walk. Just be a little careful at night or take a taxi. VERY convenient to convention center (during daylight felt very safe & can enter far end of convention center so barely a 7 minute walk outside). Free excellent wifi included. Walls are sort of thin, so a room near an elevator might have been annoying (did not personally have any troubles though).

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
BABbling_Beth1111,

Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander for your business trip to Indianapolis. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the fitness center and our restaurants. We are a quick 5 block walk to the entrance of the Convention Center and only about a $5.00 cab ride to most places in the downtown area if you choose not to walk or there is bad weather. I do apologize that the bed was a little hard for you. We can always provide an extra insert to make it more comfortable in the future. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again!

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

What a hotel! The Alexander is a gorgeous hotel. The art, the rooms, the food and drinks - all are amazing. And even better is the people. The staff is so friendly and helpful and truly want you to be happy during your stay. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Great vibe and great hotel.

aka217,

What a review! Thank you for your kind words about the hotel accommodations and the staff. We are here to make sure that our guests have a positive and memorable experience, and I am certainly glad to hear that we succeeded during you visit with us. Come back again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Alexander is a beautiful hotel and it is obvious that, in planning the design of the hotel, the ownership wanted to create a unique hotel with the best in amenities. This hotel is great for business or leisure travel. The guestrooms are spacious and comfortable with the latest in technology advances. I can’t wait to return with my family and enjoy downtown Indianapolis. The hotel is conveniently located and within walking distance to anything you want to do in downtown. Every staff member I came into contact with was very pleasant and seemed inspired to help make my stay comfortable.

Tim S.,

I was truly excited to read your 5 star review on Trip Advisor! I can assure you through the design of the hotel, that we were going for a unique and inspiring environment for our guests and associates. I am glad that you also enjoyed the updated technology in our guest rooms. We offer a built in data-port on the desk in the room and we have key activated lighting systems that help to safe energy. On behalf of all of the associates at The Alexander, we look forward to you bringing your family back to enjoy Indianapolis and the hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had the chance to come to my best friends wedding, the hotel was amazing but what set the hotel apart from all others was the staff that worked this wedding. The banquet staff was amazing and as for the bartenders Mac & Justin they kept the party alive. After our outdoor party got rained out the banquet caption Anna was on point. They made the night eventful, memorable, and simply amazing. Highly recomended for weddings and any other cherishable event.

• Stayed September 2013
MaxMcKinny,

Thank you for sharing your experience with The Alexander hotel. I am glad to hear that you had such a great time at the wedding you attended. We are honored to help create a lasting impression for the bride and groom and their guests. Thank you also for highlighting our staff members Mac, Justin, and Anna for their exceptional service. We certainly look forward to seeing you again and hopefully the bride and groom for another special occasion.

Where to next?
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here for one night during a business trip to Indianapolis, and decided to try it because I was going to be having dinner in the Cerulean restaurant downstairs anyway.
The hotel seems brand new and is therefore fresh, light and modern. The service was courteous, the room was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. It has a small but very nice gym. My only complaint is that the hotel lacked... character. Perhaps character is difficult to achieve in a brand new hotel? I would certainly stay here again, though. And, finally, a really nice touch was that the valet already had my car out the front when I checked out; he had taken note of my flight time when I checked in. Thanks!

Room Tip: As in any hotel, be careful not to end up immediately next to, above or below the 24 hour gym, or yo...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Back_to_Sandringham,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate The Alexander about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and fresh, modern environment. As the new hotel in downtown, we do certainly appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. Hope to see you on your next business or leisure trip to Indy!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This has to be the most unique hotel I've stayed in thus far! From the moment I entered I was captivated by the beautiful art...the amazing iridescent wall, the front desks & the elevator wall! You must watch the history of the hotel on the in your room...it will only intrigue you more. I really wish I could have stayed more than just one night so I could have explored, viewed and appreciated all the art is has to offer. One of my favorite treats was the cold fruit infused water in the front lobby! This hotel is a gem and I would love to return for a longer stay to truly enjoy it. The front desk staff were very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sciandrep,

Thank you so much for your raving comments about the hotel. The artwork is truly amazing. The piece you are speaking of is called Standing Wave, by Allison Shotz. It really does "captivate" you when you walk in the front doors of the hotel. I personally enjoy how it changes colors throughout the day. The video on the televisions really gives you an in depth look into the artists and what The Alexander hopes to create for our guests. Thanks again, and we look forward to having you back!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic. The rooms, the service, especially the art, etc. The staff couldn't have been nicer. My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and I can't wait to go back. Everything was incredibly modern. Which we loved. I can't find one negative thing to say about this hotel. Even the parking garage had really amazing art to look at.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Mocha7119,

It was so great to read your 5 star review on Trip Advisor! Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion with us here at The Alexander. I am glad to see that we helped make it a memorable experience for you. Hope to see you again next year!

Happy Anniversary,