“Really nice addition to Indy Downtown Hotels”
Review of The Alexander

The Alexander
Ranked #6 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, stayed three nights for business. Great valet folks and generally welcoming. The room was very nice! Laid out well and with tons of space. The bedding was awesome, but the bed was a little too firm for my taste. TV was great with good cable. WiFi worked well and was high speed. The bathroom was really nice and spacious. There were a couple things that weren't super clean (a bit of gunk on a light switch, a hair very high on a shower wall) but it wasn't enough to dampen my experience. We ate there multiple times for business meals and I thought the food was the most lacking thing of the experience, esp for gluten free options. Location is good for downtown activities. Overall, I will be glad to visit here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

efm16,

Thank you so much for staying with us for your 3 day business trip. We are proud to be a part of the Indianapolis Downtown market with our new art-centric hotel. We appreciate your feedback about the cleanliness of the room and the food and beverage options. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments so we can be sure to improve for any future visits. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the valet staff and room amenities. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Alexander

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Alexander is a wonderful "boutique" hotel tucked in the middle of Indianapolis. Friendly, helpful, smiling staff eager to help you and provide recommendations. Clean, comfortable rooms with a modern flair. Excellent dining and cocktails. Breakfast buffet at The Market Table is outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Traveler32013,

What a great 5 Star review of The Alexander! I have passed along your comments to our hotel staff and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Having been displaced from our home due to a plumbing disaster, we searched for a decent and affordable 2 bedroom extended stay hotel for my family. We were pleasantly surprised to find this at the Alexander. We had a fantastic 2 bedroom suite that was very affordable that we stayed in for 2 weeks. The hotel is really impressive, the suite was very comfortable, the art is very cool, the staff were all super nice and accommodating, Plat 99 is a great bar, and Cerulean is a fantastic restaurant. The only one issue we had was very loud neighbors above us one night. The staff was very responsive when we complained and even gave us a bottle of wine and a cheese plate the next evening for our troubles. Indy has some really decent hotels, but given the choice, I would definitely stay at the Alexander.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

kace,

Thank you for choosing The Alexander for your 2 week extended stay. I am sorry to hear about the plumbing disaster at your house. I hope everything came together well for you and you are back in the comfort of your own home. We are very happy to be able to help out in this unfortunate situation and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Hopefully we can see you again in the future for nice night out on the town!

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I had the honor of attending my god son's wedding recently and I was so amazed with the hotel from the art to the personal greetings by thee employees ( Jessica at front desk), and things only got better! My stay was spectacular! There was a few particular things that set it off for me personally, such as their group of young ladies and gentleman that made it obvious that they loved there jobs. I was greeted by everyone with a smile and a simply "how are you?" When the wedding started there were two young gentleman that stole my heart (Bartenders Mack and justin). They took their jobs to the next level of customer service, although Very busy they made time for each individual. I highly recommend the Alexander hotel and will be telling friends and family about this place! :) Thanks Guys!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Howard_betty

Howard_betty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rave about our staff at The Alexander! Congratulations to your god son! I hope they had a great time as well. I have passed along your comments to our staff, specifically highlighting Jessica, Mack and Justin for their stellar service and dedication to their craft. We strive to create memorable experiences for our guests, and our associates really show their passion through comments like these. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again for maybe a personal leisure trip or another special occasion.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked this hotel through the marathin website. We wanted to be close to the start line/finish line. There is astounding art interspersed on the walls of the parking garage. Paintings of men painting, very cool! The outside of the hotel is unassuming, almost industrial looking, very clean exterior. Then you walk into a modern lobby, well lit, and your eyes are immediately taken to the colorful lights that are on the landing of the stairs. The check in desk is upstairs, a little confusing, different. The art on the walls is ecclectic, and the staff know what it is and why it's there, impressive. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. We will definately stay there again when in Indianapolis, which is surprisingly asy to get around for a major city.

Room Tip: There was a wedding at thetime of our stay, and we heard a lot of high heels above us. Maybe stay on...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

IrishGirlinWI,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 Star review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience. Congratulations on running the marathon and thank you for choosing The Alexander as your host hotel for the event. It was great to read your comments about our staff being knowledgeable about the artwork throughout the hotel, and also the impact that it had on your overall experience. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stay here almost weekly for business. By the way I am treated the entire time, I feel like I am really appreciated. Khadazeau in Guest Services is amazing. She is kind and thoughtful and is genuinely happy to see me! I always ask if she is working that day. Troy is great as well, as is Matthew in Valet. They know me by name. The rooms are top-notch and luxurious. Room service food is always great. The bath items are great quality as well. All around, I feel warmly welcomed every time I go. And Plat 99 has the BEST, most knowledgeable server, Jessie.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Christine C.,

Wow! Thank you so much for being such a dedicated traveler with us here at The Alexander. I was so happy to read your comments that our staff, especially Kadazejau, is there to welcome you and remembers your name each time you return. I have passed along your comments to Jesse and the Plat 99 manager as well. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor and help get the word out about The Alexander. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I are from Indianapolis, and decided to stay at The Alexander for our one year anniversary. We had dined at Cerulean previously, and just walking through the hotel lobby made us want to stay there. I'm so glad we did! It is a beautiful, modern hotel with a ton of great art work all throughout. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, with plenty of room to stretch out. We had drinks at Plat 99 before dinner, and just watching the bartenders in action is an experience. The cocktail menu is impressive and the work that goes in to each drink shows. They are delicious!

When we arrived back to our room after dinner, we found a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary. We had only mentioned that it was our anniversary to a hotel employee that we shared an elevator with, who went out of her way to make sure it was special.

I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting from out of town, or even for locals who are just looking for a nice night out. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Mkgunn,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for spending your special occasion with us. I was so thrilled to read your 5 Star review on Trip Advisor highlighting our staff for recognizing your Anniversary. I'm glad we were able to create a memorable experience for the two of you. Thanks also for stopping by Plat 99 before your dinner. Our mixologists use their artistry to create the wonderful cocktails that you spoke about. One of our mixologists even painted all of our Plat 99 menus with eye-popping colorful, paint splatters. Art is in our DNA here at The Alexander!

Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you have another great year together.