“We will return!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indiana
“We will return!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed recently in the residence area of this hotel with another couple. We had a two bedroom; two bath and it was wonderful. Plenty of room for everyone to be comfortable. And having the living room and kitchen space was exactly what we needed to hang out in before and after dinner. We even had a balcony which was really nice to have a drink on and enjoy the views. The bed was comfortable but next time I will bring earplugs because it is close to the train tracks. We had no problem walking to dinner and felt safe. Hotel itself is pretty cool with all the artwork and everything appeared to be clean. We have all agreed to stay here next year for our yearly trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
pitcrew3,

Hello! Thank you for your positive review of The Alexander. I'm glad to hear the layout and amenities in our Two-Bedroom Suites worked out well for your group. Those are one of my favorite rooms and are great for entertaining or extended stays. I do apologize for the noise that you experienced from the train tracks. In the future, you can always request a room on the opposite end to be farther away from that area. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, stayed three nights for business. Great valet folks and generally welcoming. The room was very nice! Laid out well and with tons of space. The bedding was awesome, but the bed was a little too firm for my taste. TV was great with good cable. WiFi worked well and was high speed. The bathroom was really nice and spacious. There were a couple things that weren't super clean (a bit of gunk on a light switch, a hair very high on a shower wall) but it wasn't enough to dampen my experience. We ate there multiple times for business meals and I thought the food was the most lacking thing of the experience, esp for gluten free options. Location is good for downtown activities. Overall, I will be glad to visit here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
efm16,

Thank you so much for staying with us for your 3 day business trip. We are proud to be a part of the Indianapolis Downtown market with our new art-centric hotel. We appreciate your feedback about the cleanliness of the room and the food and beverage options. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments so we can be sure to improve for any future visits. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the valet staff and room amenities. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Alexander is a wonderful "boutique" hotel tucked in the middle of Indianapolis. Friendly, helpful, smiling staff eager to help you and provide recommendations. Clean, comfortable rooms with a modern flair. Excellent dining and cocktails. Breakfast buffet at The Market Table is outstanding.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Traveler32013,

What a great 5 Star review of The Alexander! I have passed along your comments to our hotel staff and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Having been displaced from our home due to a plumbing disaster, we searched for a decent and affordable 2 bedroom extended stay hotel for my family. We were pleasantly surprised to find this at the Alexander. We had a fantastic 2 bedroom suite that was very affordable that we stayed in for 2 weeks. The hotel is really impressive, the suite was very comfortable, the art is very cool, the staff were all super nice and accommodating, Plat 99 is a great bar, and Cerulean is a fantastic restaurant. The only one issue we had was very loud neighbors above us one night. The staff was very responsive when we complained and even gave us a bottle of wine and a cheese plate the next evening for our troubles. Indy has some really decent hotels, but given the choice, I would definitely stay at the Alexander.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
kace,

Thank you for choosing The Alexander for your 2 week extended stay. I am sorry to hear about the plumbing disaster at your house. I hope everything came together well for you and you are back in the comfort of your own home. We are very happy to be able to help out in this unfortunate situation and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Hopefully we can see you again in the future for nice night out on the town!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I had the honor of attending my god son's wedding recently and I was so amazed with the hotel from the art to the personal greetings by thee employees ( Jessica at front desk), and things only got better! My stay was spectacular! There was a few particular things that set it off for me personally, such as their group of young ladies and gentleman that made it obvious that they loved there jobs. I was greeted by everyone with a smile and a simply "how are you?" When the wedding started there were two young gentleman that stole my heart (Bartenders Mack and justin). They took their jobs to the next level of customer service, although Very busy they made time for each individual. I highly recommend the Alexander hotel and will be telling friends and family about this place! :) Thanks Guys!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Howard_betty
Howard_betty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rave about our staff at The Alexander! Congratulations to your god son! I hope they had a great time as well. I have passed along your comments to our staff, specifically highlighting Jessica, Mack and Justin for their stellar service and dedication to their craft. We strive to create memorable experiences for our guests, and our associates really show their passion through comments like these. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again for maybe a personal leisure trip or another special occasion.

Littleton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked this hotel through the marathin website. We wanted to be close to the start line/finish line. There is astounding art interspersed on the walls of the parking garage. Paintings of men painting, very cool! The outside of the hotel is unassuming, almost industrial looking, very clean exterior. Then you walk into a modern lobby, well lit, and your eyes are immediately taken to the colorful lights that are on the landing of the stairs. The check in desk is upstairs, a little confusing, different. The art on the walls is ecclectic, and the staff know what it is and why it's there, impressive. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. We will definately stay there again when in Indianapolis, which is surprisingly asy to get around for a major city.

Room Tip: There was a wedding at thetime of our stay, and we heard a lot of high heels above us. Maybe stay on...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
IrishGirlinWI,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 Star review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback about your experience. Congratulations on running the marathon and thank you for choosing The Alexander as your host hotel for the event. It was great to read your comments about our staff being knowledgeable about the artwork throughout the hotel, and also the impact that it had on your overall experience. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stay here almost weekly for business. By the way I am treated the entire time, I feel like I am really appreciated. Khadazeau in Guest Services is amazing. She is kind and thoughtful and is genuinely happy to see me! I always ask if she is working that day. Troy is great as well, as is Matthew in Valet. They know me by name. The rooms are top-notch and luxurious. Room service food is always great. The bath items are great quality as well. All around, I feel warmly welcomed every time I go. And Plat 99 has the BEST, most knowledgeable server, Jessie.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Christine C.,

Wow! Thank you so much for being such a dedicated traveler with us here at The Alexander. I was so happy to read your comments that our staff, especially Kadazejau, is there to welcome you and remembers your name each time you return. I have passed along your comments to Jesse and the Plat 99 manager as well. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor and help get the word out about The Alexander. We will see you soon!