“Beautiful hotel with great bar and courteous staff”
Review of The Alexander

The Alexander
Ranked #6 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was my second stay here. When I first stayed here the hotel was brand new. The art is amazing. I found myself walking around just looking at the artwork and installations. My room this time was wonderful, some nice rugs were added compared to my first visit. Very reliable free internet access. Staff was very nice. The bar is excellent.
I recommend to have your bill printed at the end and not have it sent to your e-mail. I had an issue with the bill both times that then had to be resolved from afar. But that small glitch does not diminish my overall experience staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

girbit,

Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us again. It is always great to hear that our guests are noticing and appreciate the changes that we have made in our first year. The carpet runners in the room not only provide a bright, inviting walkway, but also dampen the sound from above which I see you noted in your first review. I sincerely apologize that you have had issues with your bill. I would be happy to speak with you about that so we can be sure this does not happen again in the future. I understand how important it is to have a clean bill for reimbursement purposes. Please feel free to contact me at 317-624-8228 or via email at michelle.dollens@dolce.com.

Look forward to seeing you again!

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,936)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed at The Alexander Hotel in the beginning of January 2014 for a two night stay. We ended up spending 5 nights in all due to the blizzard in Indianapolis. With that said, if I had to be stranded away from home, I can't imagine a better place to have been. This hotel is outstanding, it is beautiful, modern, full of interesting art, comfortable, great location and the staff was kind and helpful. They went beyond the call of duty to care for us and make our stay a pleasure. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Indianapolis. It was worth every penny. Also the breakfast was amazing and we spend most our time in the Plat 99 Lounge for drinks and food, which also hit the spot.

Katherine Redmond, WA

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

KKMMLL,

It was so great to have you here as well during the "snowpocalypse". Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander for your visit to Indy. We are sorry that you had to be stranded, but we also are glad that it was with us. Hopefully you can come back again when the weather is nicer and really get out and enjoy the city as well as the hotel!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My niece and I stayed during the "blizzard of 2014". Our accommodations were top notch. My niece and I had to be downtown Monday morning and decided to arrive a day early due to the extreme snow and cold. First of all we were so glad to park in the garage attached to the hotel. The staff welcomed us and our check-in was fast. The room service was awesome, the bed extremely comfortable and the morning breakfast at the "Market" was amazing. My business meeting the next day was cancelled so I decided to extend my stay another night and rescheduled it for Tuesday. Again they gave us the "blizzard rate" of which was quite a deal. I was fortunate to spend the whole day at the hotel and enjoyed the art, visited with the staff and enjoyed our room. My niece and I were both pleasantly surprised and will be returning the next time we need to go downtown Indy again. You will not be disappointed if you get the chance to stay at The Alexander, Indianapolis. Thank you also to the wonderful staff, "you are the best".

Room Tip: Great view of Lucas Oil Stadium on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

marcia m,

I am so glad we were able to be your safe haven from the blizzard. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor. Sometimes it's nice getting stuck due to a storm if you are in a good place! Glad that everyone made it home safely and we were able to create a memorable experience for you and your niece. Hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This Hotel was akin to a sleeper hit. It came recommended by my client due to its proximity to their office. While I had some reservations before I got there, my experience was a pleasurable one indeed.

A boutique hotel, it was done up very stylishly. A lot of Art and other modern exhibits gave this hotel a very chic look. The Bar was a cozy place with a nice selection of Beer and the food. The rooms were tastefully done and extremely self sufficient. The Gymnasium was very compact and extremely well maintained. The location was right next to downtown and hence very convenient for moving about.

The best part about the Hotel was the service. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they would go out of their way to make the stay a memorable one. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who visits Indianapolis.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

eddieU84,

Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander from your client recommendations. I'm glad that you enjoyed the artwork and the friendliness of the staff. All of the artwork that you see throughout the property is commissioned from the Indianapolis Museum of Art. We will also have a boutique gift shop where you can purchase artcentric merchandise. This is coming later this month. Hope to see you again in the future and thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Alexander for the 2nd time last week for business. This has got to be the friendliest staff on the planet!! Jessica is the bomb! They go out of their way to ensure you are comfortable and the food is superb. Great hip vibe as others have said. I was upgraded to a suite and the hidden tv behind the bathroom mirror was very cool. Will certainly be back for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Clines8812,

What a statement, "friendliest staff on the planet!". I will be sure to share this review with all of our associates here at The Alexander. I am so happy that Jessica took great care of you during your stay. Thank you for your raving review and posting such great pictures! I am so happy that you chose The Alexander for your business trip to Indy. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Jess and Hampton (front desk) went out of their way to accommodate my husband, mother-in-law and I. We originally booked through Expedia and there were multiple issues, Jess and Hampton helped out so much with getting our reservations straight and getting us into a room as soon as possible. The hotel is beautiful, very clean and modern aesthetic, the food at the restaurant is scrumptious and no details were left out. The rooms are just as nice as the front entrance! Shell Chair by Hans Wegner throughout the hotel and in every room and the fold out couch even had a tempur-pedic mattress on it! We have already shared our great experience with family and friends, thank you all so much!

Room Tip: The suite was a perfect blend of family and individual space, spacious private rooms and bathrooms a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Haley S.,

What a great review! Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad that Hampton and Jess made such a great impression on your experience and handled your reservation requests promptly. Sounds like you stayed in one of our Two Bedroom Suites with the full living room and kitchen. Those rooms are great for families and entertaining. I'm glad that you also enjoyed the food and decor throughout the property. Hope to have you back again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We recently spent a night at the Alexander and it was excellent! We were there to take our kids to the art museum and the children's museum. We didn't eat anything in the hotel so I can't speak to that, but the front desk staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable, modern and clean.

We would definitely go back and I have already recommended the hotel to all my friends!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Chicagophotog,

Thank you for choosing The Alexander! I'm so glad you were able to come to Indy and catch the Children's museum and art museum. The children's museum is great for all ages, and we are actually partnered with the Indianapolis Museum of Art. The decor you see around the hotel was commissioned for us through the IMA. Hopefully next time you can take in some of the dining as well. Thank you for your promotion and we look forward to having you back!

Stay Warm,