“An anniversary made perfect by The Alexander” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Alexander
Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“An anniversary made perfect by The Alexander”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I got married on Leap day, 2012, so we dont know exactly when to celebrate our anniversary. This year we decided to take a little staycation night in downtown Indy to overlap Feb. 28-Mar. 1. We've been wanting to check out The Alexander for some time, and this was the perfect opportunity. Having called ahead to let them know we were celebrating a special night, I was cheerfully told, "Great, I'll make a note of it, and we'll take care of it for you". Not knowing what that meant exactly, we just went downtown and settled in.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we felt special. From the valet gentlemen to the front desk staff to the Plat 99 waitress, we were congratulated on our anniversary and warmly treated. The front desk upgraded our stateroom to a corner room overlooking Lucas Oil, and shortly after we got to it and unpacked, came a knock at the door. Two very pleasant staff members came in with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and a handwritten note welcoming us and wishing us a happy anniversary. What an impression that left!

The room itself was whimsical, with unique chairs (a highlight for us when we travel), spacious bathroom and shower, floor to ceiling windows with electric shades, interesting lighting units, and a bathrobe for each of us in the wardrobe. The bed was comfortable, and we fully appreciated out stay.

The hotel itself is beautiful, with both specially commissioned art and purchased art decorating everything from the entrances, to the common areas, and even the parking garage (which we drove through after we left since we used the valet service). Plat 99 was a fun place to meet friends for drinks and a killer grilled cheese sandwich. Market Table was a full weekend brunch, complete with a bloody mary bar, build your own mac n cheese, a carving station, and even a gelato bar! We did not try Cerulean, but will in the future.

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend in downtown in Indy, highlighted by the hospitality at The Alexander. Thank you for making our 2nd (1/2?) anniversary special!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Aaron A.,

Wow! Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander to celebrate your special 2 1/2 year Anniversary! I'm so glad to hear that we helped to make the occasion extra special and memorable for you and your wife. The views in the upgraded suites are fantastic! It is new fresh look over the downtown area from this side of town. It was great to read that you had such an in depth understanding of where our art comes from. We appreciate you taking the time to learn all about it and also to stop by Plat 99 for that Grilled Cheese. It is my favorite as well! Thank you again, and we hope to see you back for another "staycation" at The Alexander.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

When I was informed that I would have to spend 10 days in a hotel by my company I was concerned. To make it tougher it was a hotel I never heard of. WOW!! I've stayed at Westin's and some of the best chains out there and the Alexander put them ALL to shame. I was impressed from check-in to the time we left. The entire staff especially Jessica & Shanda were always helpful. They were understanding when a pen exploded in my pants and got on the bed, I was very impressed that they got it out and didn't charge me. The food was great in the market table. The chefs and servers really cared about each guest. After 3 days they knew exactly what I had with my meal. I am looking forward to returning in June for the next 10 day training. I honestly like to thank everyone for making the time away from my wife and son feel like "Home".

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, Public Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Murdocc,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and staff that assisted you during you 10 day visit to Indianapolis. I am so happy to hear that we truly made you feel like you had a "home away from home". It is our intent to make our guests feel comfortable and refreshed during their visit, and I am sure that we will provide that for you again when you return. We look forward to seeing you in June and having your order ready in Market Table. I'm sure we will also have better weather for you as well!

Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very nice stay. Rooms are very spacious, modern and well equipped. The alarm clock was an iphone docking station which was great to charge your phone and listen to music. Nespresso machine in the room too. Breakfast served downstairs had a great selection.
There is no pool. Accidentally ticked box and I can't seem to untick.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Sligo111,

Thank you for choosing The Alexander for your visit to Indy. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the modern touches we put in the rooms. We did plan on having an outdoor pool in the beginning stages of opening however, this did not work out with the design of the area. There is still a potential YMCA that will be developing across the street from us that our guests will have access to in some capacity. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I travel all over the world and stay in some pretty fancy hotels.
The Alexander meets the standards of a 5 star hotel.
The rooms are really classy. The beds are wonderful (5 star plus).
The service is wonderful.
The hotel is really beautiful. Clean lines, elegant design, modern, but warm.
Food is superb. Really great local cheeses and beers.
The Alexander would be a first class hotel in NY City, Washington DC, or San Francisco.

Room Tip: No bad rooms.
Victoria S.,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a great 5 star review on Trip Advisor. It is great feedback like this that really keeps our staff excited about the service and product that we provide. Dolce Hotels is continuing to expand so you may end up seeing another similar hotel in one of those cities! Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.

Kansas City, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Alexander is new, LEAD friendly and very roomy. The walk-in shower is a special treat as are the toiletries provided. The beds are comfortable and there are a variety of pillows to suit everyone's discriminating feel. Walking distance to Lilly and sports venues, this is a great option

Room Tip: Long hallways may make it tough for people who have trouble walking. Ask, if you have any issues, fo...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DRWMETMAN,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Alexander. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Yes, we are Silver LEAD certified and partnered with the Indianapolis Museum of Art so "Art Abounds" is a great discription for us. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you back again in the future.

Richmond, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were in town for an event at The Children's Museum (which rocked!!!) and I have nothing bad to say about my stay at The Alexander at all. Everyone, from the valet to the desk personnel, was so friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy their job and helping the hotel's guests. The room was gorgeous and exactly the clean, modern style I love. The bed was amazingly comfortable. We heard nothing from either the hallway or our neighbors, which was a blessing. We also appreciated the way the lights were set up to automatically turn off when we pulled our key card out and left the room. It's great to visit a hotel that is environmentally sound as well as comfortable and full of beautiful and eye-catching artwork. It was as if I'd designed the hotel myself :D

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CrayonMavens,

Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander for your visit to the city. Glad to hear that you had fun at The Children's Museum. It really is a great place for all ages! It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the design of the hotel and the quiet, comfortable room that you had. We hope to have you back again for another visit.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was in town for the NFL Combine. Most of the coaches and scout stay at the JW Marriott, Omni, and Marriott. The Alexander, however, was the least expensive and certainly the perfect place. It's a new hotel. Very modern, walk-in showers, a lively bar, and great rooms. I can't think of a hotel that I enjoyed staying at more than this one. Put it this way...I don't ever write reviews or finish surveys, but I felt like I owed something to The Alexander for making my stay such a pleasure. I highly recommend this hotel. It's cool and a neat experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Peter R.,

Thank you for breaking out of your norm and writing a raving 5 star review on Trip Advisor!! It was so great to read that you felt so strongly about the hotel. We certainly appreciate your business and thank you for choosing to stay away from the rest of the group. We would love to host the whole group next time around as well. Feel free to give us a call to talk about options for next year with the NFL Combine. Hope to see you back again!