3,121 results
All reviewsmarket tablebeautiful hotelbankers lifeguest serviceslucas oil stadiumparking garagedowntown indybusiness tripconvention centerartworkplatyolkmixologynourishmentymcaceruleanartsy
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When I was informed that I would have to spend 10 days in a hotel by my company I was concerned. To make it tougher it was a hotel I never heard of. WOW!! I've stayed at Westin's and some of the best chains out there and the Alexander put them ALL to shame. I was impressed from check-in to the time we left. The entire staff especially Jessica & Shanda were always helpful. They were understanding when a pen exploded in my pants and got on the bed, I was very impressed that they got it out and didn't charge me. The food was great in the market table. The chefs and servers really cared about each guest. After 3 days they knew exactly what I had with my meal. I am looking forward to returning in June for the next 10 day training. I honestly like to thank everyone for making the time away from my wife and son feel like "Home".

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, Public Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Murdocc,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and staff that assisted you during you 10 day visit to Indianapolis. I am so happy to hear that we truly made you feel like you had a "home away from home". It is our intent to make our guests feel comfortable and refreshed during their visit, and I am sure that we will provide that for you again when you return. We look forward to seeing you in June and having your order ready in Market Table. I'm sure we will also have better weather for you as well!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very nice stay. Rooms are very spacious, modern and well equipped. The alarm clock was an iphone docking station which was great to charge your phone and listen to music. Nespresso machine in the room too. Breakfast served downstairs had a great selection.
There is no pool. Accidentally ticked box and I can't seem to untick.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Sligo111,

Thank you for choosing The Alexander for your visit to Indy. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the modern touches we put in the rooms. We did plan on having an outdoor pool in the beginning stages of opening however, this did not work out with the design of the area. There is still a potential YMCA that will be developing across the street from us that our guests will have access to in some capacity. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I travel all over the world and stay in some pretty fancy hotels.
The Alexander meets the standards of a 5 star hotel.
The rooms are really classy. The beds are wonderful (5 star plus).
The service is wonderful.
The hotel is really beautiful. Clean lines, elegant design, modern, but warm.
Food is superb. Really great local cheeses and beers.
The Alexander would be a first class hotel in NY City, Washington DC, or San Francisco.

Room Tip: No bad rooms.

Victoria S.,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a great 5 star review on Trip Advisor. It is great feedback like this that really keeps our staff excited about the service and product that we provide. Dolce Hotels is continuing to expand so you may end up seeing another similar hotel in one of those cities! Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Alexander is new, LEAD friendly and very roomy. The walk-in shower is a special treat as are the toiletries provided. The beds are comfortable and there are a variety of pillows to suit everyone's discriminating feel. Walking distance to Lilly and sports venues, this is a great option

Room Tip: Long hallways may make it tough for people who have trouble walking. Ask, if you have any issues, for something nearer the elevators.

DRWMETMAN,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Alexander. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Yes, we are Silver LEAD certified and partnered with the Indianapolis Museum of Art so "Art Abounds" is a great discription for us. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were in town for an event at The Children's Museum (which rocked!!!) and I have nothing bad to say about my stay at The Alexander at all. Everyone, from the valet to the desk personnel, was so friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy their job and helping the hotel's guests. The room was gorgeous and exactly the clean, modern style I love. The bed was amazingly comfortable. We heard nothing from either the hallway or our neighbors, which was a blessing. We also appreciated the way the lights were set up to automatically turn off when we pulled our key card out and left the room. It's great to visit a hotel that is environmentally sound as well as comfortable and full of beautiful and eye-catching artwork. It was as if I'd designed the hotel myself :D

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

CrayonMavens,

Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander for your visit to the city. Glad to hear that you had fun at The Children's Museum. It really is a great place for all ages! It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the design of the hotel and the quiet, comfortable room that you had. We hope to have you back again for another visit.