3,121 results
All reviewsmarket tablebeautiful hotelbankers lifeguest serviceslucas oil stadiumparking garagedowntown indybusiness tripconvention centerartworkplatyolkmixologynourishmentymcaceruleanartsy
Reviewed 9 March 2014

What better place to use my first (and likely only) review on but The Alexander in Indy. I'm in the middle of a relocation from Dallas and naturally, was fearful of what the transition would hold. Two totally different worlds between Texas and Indy. By buying a one-way ticket and having nowhere to live...I had high hopes that my hotel would be at least acceptable. The staff at the Alexander took that idea and blew it out of the universe!! The ONLY reason I checked out is because I basically moved in the middle of convention-o-rama (NFL Combine, Big Ten men & women etc) and there were no rooms available - although they checked every day for me just to see if something opened up. Would have loved to still be "living" here temporarily because the other Indy hotel I'm in just doesn't compare.

Couple of specifics: Matt & his valet team are the BEST! So polite and wonderful every single time I needed my car (which was several times a day). In room dining: Mike and Tyrice...so friendly and always wanting to see if I needed directions/suggestions. Jessica at the desk - bless her heart with my picky in-room dining orders, always calling to double check that the ingredients didn't interfere with my allergies. Luan (hope I spelled that right) was beyond helpful when I had to make a last minute change in reservation and helped me to keep my reservation in tact even though my schedule got crazy with having to leave town last minute.

One more rave about the service: of all the nights this could happen, my flight back to Dallas got cancelled....ON VALENTINES DAY. Not only the busiest night for any hotel, but especially the Alexander because of the special romantic packages they had going on. Catelyn FOUND ME A ROOM to stay that night and I just couldn't believe how much I lucked out. And then, the staff sent me a mini bottle of wine and plate of heart shaped chocolates. Nothing like living in a hotel as a single girl on V-Day. BEST GIFT EVER.

The aesthetic of the hotel is every bit as wonderful as it looks on the website. Please go stay here - the guest rooms are great, the bathrooms are so luxe, but overall....the staff here is incredible. I may be homeless for awhile still here in Indy and commuting back and forth to Dallas but you can BET I'm trying to get back into this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Meg_Howe,

It was certainly our pleasure to have you here with us during your transistion to Indianapolis. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate your entire stay, but please feel free to reach back out to us if you are still looking for future dates. It was so great to read about all of the personal encounters you had with our staff, and how they were able to make a lasting impression on your experience. We look forward to seeing you again whether for your stay at the hotel or just visiting once you get settled in.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed at the Alexander for pleasure (New Years Eve) and for a business retreat. Although both very different purposes, the experiences were equally enjoyable. The rooms are great, spacious, and quiet. The bar is vibrant. The restaurant is a destination. The hotel is centrally located in close proximity to almost all major sporting venues and downtown activities, yet on the edge of the true city center giving it a little more of a relaxed feel. No wonder it is the pick of visiting NBA and NFL teams. A leader in an increasingly competitive higher end hotel market in Indy. Recommend highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

EKCIS,

Thank you for visiting The Alexander for a second time for your business retreat! It is certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest, and we appreciate your compliments about the location, room, and design of the hotel. We are very proud to be in this increasingly high end Indy market, and also excited for Indy being voted Best Convention Host city in USA Today. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My first stay at this property and it was outstanding. I've traveled the world and stayed at all of the finest brands....and this property exceeded expectations for value, service, comfort and refinement. Well done!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Troy H.,

We certainly appreciate you staying with us and for taking the time to write a 5 star review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for that wonderful compliment and we hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I got married on Leap day, 2012, so we dont know exactly when to celebrate our anniversary. This year we decided to take a little staycation night in downtown Indy to overlap Feb. 28-Mar. 1. We've been wanting to check out The Alexander for some time, and this was the perfect opportunity. Having called ahead to let them know we were celebrating a special night, I was cheerfully told, "Great, I'll make a note of it, and we'll take care of it for you". Not knowing what that meant exactly, we just went downtown and settled in.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we felt special. From the valet gentlemen to the front desk staff to the Plat 99 waitress, we were congratulated on our anniversary and warmly treated. The front desk upgraded our stateroom to a corner room overlooking Lucas Oil, and shortly after we got to it and unpacked, came a knock at the door. Two very pleasant staff members came in with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and a handwritten note welcoming us and wishing us a happy anniversary. What an impression that left!

The room itself was whimsical, with unique chairs (a highlight for us when we travel), spacious bathroom and shower, floor to ceiling windows with electric shades, interesting lighting units, and a bathrobe for each of us in the wardrobe. The bed was comfortable, and we fully appreciated out stay.

The hotel itself is beautiful, with both specially commissioned art and purchased art decorating everything from the entrances, to the common areas, and even the parking garage (which we drove through after we left since we used the valet service). Plat 99 was a fun place to meet friends for drinks and a killer grilled cheese sandwich. Market Table was a full weekend brunch, complete with a bloody mary bar, build your own mac n cheese, a carving station, and even a gelato bar! We did not try Cerulean, but will in the future.

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend in downtown in Indy, highlighted by the hospitality at The Alexander. Thank you for making our 2nd (1/2?) anniversary special!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Aaron A.,

Wow! Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander to celebrate your special 2 1/2 year Anniversary! I'm so glad to hear that we helped to make the occasion extra special and memorable for you and your wife. The views in the upgraded suites are fantastic! It is new fresh look over the downtown area from this side of town. It was great to read that you had such an in depth understanding of where our art comes from. We appreciate you taking the time to learn all about it and also to stop by Plat 99 for that Grilled Cheese. It is my favorite as well! Thank you again, and we hope to see you back for another "staycation" at The Alexander.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

When I was informed that I would have to spend 10 days in a hotel by my company I was concerned. To make it tougher it was a hotel I never heard of. WOW!! I've stayed at Westin's and some of the best chains out there and the Alexander put them ALL to shame. I was impressed from check-in to the time we left. The entire staff especially Jessica & Shanda were always helpful. They were understanding when a pen exploded in my pants and got on the bed, I was very impressed that they got it out and didn't charge me. The food was great in the market table. The chefs and servers really cared about each guest. After 3 days they knew exactly what I had with my meal. I am looking forward to returning in June for the next 10 day training. I honestly like to thank everyone for making the time away from my wife and son feel like "Home".

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, Public Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Murdocc,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and staff that assisted you during you 10 day visit to Indianapolis. I am so happy to hear that we truly made you feel like you had a "home away from home". It is our intent to make our guests feel comfortable and refreshed during their visit, and I am sure that we will provide that for you again when you return. We look forward to seeing you in June and having your order ready in Market Table. I'm sure we will also have better weather for you as well!