“one of the nicest hotels”
Review of The Alexander

The Alexander
Ranked #6 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis
“one of the nicest hotels”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Alexander for a wedding. The staff were very attentive to details and did a magnificent job preparing the hall. The hotel was close to many attractions and night life. After a long day and dancing the night away the bed and room was very comfortable! Friendly and helpful staff. Can't wait to book another visit to the Alexander!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Michelle B.,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy to hear that everything went well with the wedding reception, and we do hope we were able to create a memorable experience for the bride and groom. Having a comfy bed to come back to after dancing in heels, I can only assume, is a definite must! Glad to hear that you had fun, and we will see you next time.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The staff from check-in to check-out were professional, helpful, courteous never have I experienced such a well traine staff. I have traveled the world for the past 40 years and have never experienced such a well trained staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ed R
Ed R.,

Wow, what a compliment! Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander. I am so excited to hear that you truly enjoyed the staff and that you felt they were the best trained staff in 40 years of traveling! It is comments like this that continue to drive our associates and managers to be the best. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Alexander looks and feels cool. The rooms are spacious. Everything feels modern. However, I go to Indy once a year for a convention and the hotel is just too far from the convention center. It isn't 2 miles a way, but probably .75 miles away and it is just annoying. It is very close to the sports arenas and would be an excellent choice if you need it for that purpose.

I also found it odd that the hotel wanted to charge me for basic toiletries. Most nicer hotels will you those for free. I was surprised. I asked for one and they tried to sell it to me at airport prices.

Free wifi, so that is nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
cph327,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's overall look and feel, as well as the complimentary wifi service. We are about 6 blocks away from the Indianapolis Convention Center which would be about a 15 minute walk or a $5.00 cab ride. As for the additional amenities, we do offer some things complimentary, and other more upgraded amenities at a charge. I do apologize that we did not have what you were looking for during your visit this year, but do hope that you think of us if you are in the area for another event or leisure trip. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further suggestions or concerns.

michelle.dollens@dolce.com
317-624-8224
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Best hotel I've stayed at in Indianapolis. Very accommodating & attentive.clean and modern,great food & liquor selections...took my girl here for a weekend getaway & she loved the place...also the valet is very nice as well. All around great experience

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jcfleming773
Jcfleming773,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an online review of The Alexander. I am so glad to hear that you and your guest enjoyed the hotel, food, and overall service. We certainly hope to see you back again soon!

Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Alexander, I thought was going to trump the J.W. Marriott and other hotels in Indy, but sadly, it wasn't special enough.

The positive is decor. It feels like an art gallery.

The issue is you have to go up the stairs or wait for ONE elevator to go to the lobby. People want to check in fast.

Other major issue was the overall staff attitude. Lisa in the Marketplace dining was the best, but others were not. Amber in front desk was very good. Very professional, cared about the customer.

Rooms were very spacious, clean, but the cleaning lady didn't clean the bathroom very good.

The drawers were dusty and dirty, and my clothes had to be cleaned again when I got home.

With so many options in Indy, I'll pass on the Alexander. Sadly, I didn't feel the quality and service that other hotels provided in the past.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Daniel C
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Daniel C.,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I do sincerely apologize that the cleaning was not up to par and that the overall service was not satisfactory for you. I appreciate you mentioning two of our great staff members, Amber and Lisa. I have passed along your comments to them personally. I would love to talk to you about your experience, for I can assure you this is not typical of our service. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience via phone or email.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My stay at the Alexander as a great experience! I have never had such a great experience at a hotel. I highly recommend the Plat 99 bar. I was in town for a gaming convention and stopped in for a drink almost every night. Ask for Justin or Scott.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Chris K.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It is so great to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Plat 99 is a great place to hang out each and every night, especially with this fall weather we have coming up. The atmosphere with firepits on the deck and the irresistable concoctions that our mixologists create, perfect night out! Thanks again and we do hope to have you back next year.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you've ever wanted to share an overnight with friends in an art gallery, and be able to get artisan cocktails while lounging on a comfy sofa and sketching at the same time, this is the place. Huge rooms, amazing food, great drinks, and the nicest staff. The water and coffee service in the lobby made our stay several times as well. When you walk up out of the heat with sore feet and they have Strawberry Vanilla water waiting for you, the day just turns around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Ruth L.,

"Coolest hotel in Indy!" We will certainly take that! Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments about the atmosphere and artisan waters provided. You painted a great mental picture with your review, and we always enjoy when people can take advantage of our inspiring, art laden environment. We do hope to see you again, sketching in our living room with a great cocktail designed just for you.