“Nothin' but TASTY!”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #401 of 2,355 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothin' but TASTY!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great ribs and very tasty side veggies! We ate on the outside patio and enjoyed people watching.
We ordered the tall cold beers...the afternoon was beautiful.
Dave's is the place for a great meal!

Oro Valley, Arizona
“Great BBQ at a real fair price!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Tonight we went to Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que in Indianapolis for dinner in preparation for our Memphis trip starting tomorrow. I wanted to tune up my taste buds for the Memphis BBQ and Famous Dave's didn't disappoint. The location is perfect on Vincennes Road since we're staying at the Embassy Suites on the same road. The service was exceptional and fun with our waitress telling us all about her cool red Chevy HHR SS which we visited in the parking lot. For me getting to know the staff is as much fun as the food. So about the BBQ...We shared the Feast for One which for us included Georgia Chopped Pork, 1⁄4 Country-Roasted Chicken, 3 St. Louis-Style Spareribs, Sweet Corn, Wilbur Beans, Coleslaw, Famous Fries and a Corn Bread Muffin. We could have chosen the chicken to be barbecued but opted for roasted. We had a lemonade and an iced tea to wash it all down. The food was plentiful and nothing I could have finished by myself at any age and I'm 6'3" 250 lbs! That was a lot of high quality BBQ and with tip and all we were under $26 which for my money a dinner that satisfies 2 adults and comes with great service is a real deal I can sink my teeth into! I highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank VictoryVisionTim
Raytown, Missouri
“Good Food Good BBQ”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Staff was friendly food was very good. Fast service and got seated right away even at dinner time. Selection of menu was good.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pretty Good BBQ”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This BBQ place was pretty good, we tried it for the first time the other night and I was very impressed. The BBQ chicken was my favorite part. The bristlet is also wonderful.

Smyrna, Tennessee
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I ate here with my adult son, we were here for dinner. We were seated promptly and our server was friendly and efficient. The food was served promptly and was very good. I had the beef brisket and my son had a combination meal that included brisket and ribs. All our food was good, although my son son the ribs were not real tender. The restaurant appeared to be clean, and we enjoyed our meal.
The atmosphere is pleasant, but it is noisy especially when its busy. A group of 24 was seated in our area while we were eating, and after that it became more difficult to hold a conversation without raising your voice.

• Visited April 2014