“Very nice evening!”

Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre has been serving up food, fun and fabulous live entertainment for everyone since 1973. Located in College Park, the theatre was part of a chain of dinner theatres built by Louisville contractor J. Scott Talbott. It was called "Beef" because of the delicious hand carved roast beef served before the performances, and "Boards" referring to the boards or stage of a theatre. Today, the Indianapolis location is privately owned and the sole remaining Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre, entertaining more than 150,000 theatergoers annually. Each season includes professional Broadway shows, plays and acclaimed children's theatre productions by our resident Pyramid Players. But a visit to Beef & Boards is more than just great theatre! We offer a tasty dinner buffet prepared by our in-house executive chef, plus a full-service bar and mouthwatering gourmet desserts. Be sure to stop by the Intermission gift shop for unique gift ideas, and ask about seeing more shows for less through our VIP membership program. Come see why each year more and more people discover the value and quality of Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre! Beef & Boards is a member of Actors' Equity Association, the only union for professional actors in legitimate theatre.
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I traveled from Northeastern Ohio to Indianapolis to see Cats and it was well worth the trip. The staff was awesome from the person taking my reservation over the phone to the hostess, the waitresses and the gift shop cashier. The show was excellent, the performers were top notch! The food was what I expected from a buffet. Nothing extraordinary but definitely nothing bad. The dessert was delicious and there was a nice selection. Dessert and adult beverages were a liitle more expensive than I thought they should be.

1  Thank Randy J

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

As always the food was good and the show was excellent...the staff is always attentive and very, very good...if I were to complain about anything would be the the cheese spread is way to good, making you want more :)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We went to see CATS February 9th. The show was very good and the actors, singers and dancers were excellent. I have seen the Broadway cast and these youngsters stand toe-to-toe with them.
The seating is in a semi-circle with the stage coming out into the area used by the buffet tables prior to the show. The food was quite good although I would like a more varied selection. The servers were always there to bring extra coffee or tea.
For what you pay you would think that dessert would come with the meal but they want to charge what I believe is way too high of an amount for a little slice of cake of cheesecake.
The only downer to the day was when a server from another area came up to me and very rudely informed me that the table behind us, which had not been used, was being used for the show and to "move myself out of the way."
Since I have only been there twice in 20 plus years I guess the old server will be dead when i go again. Otherwise it is worthwhile.

1  Thank hawkedd
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Enjoyed immensely the presentation at Beef and Boards in December. Have attended for several years and it has become a family tradition. Well worth the time and money. Great talent and the food was good too. Little different than in years past. Orchestra needs to be moved to orchestra pit rather than center stage. Otherwise great performance.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The current show "Lend Me a Tenor" was enjoyable. The dinner served was fine. I would suggest that they add roast pork to the menu occasionally. The very few times that they serve pork, it always is better then their beef. For those who prefer not to eat pork, they always have chicken and fish

Beth was very helpful in assisting us in changing reservation due to inclement weather.