“Great Lunch”
Review of Cerulean

Cerulean
Reserve with OpenTable
Cerulean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 2,403 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South St.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'd never tried a Bento Box lunch and was questioning the plan until my food arrived. What a great idea. One main course and three interesting sides. My cousin and I were in Indy for the Indy 500 and stayed at The Alexander for the weekend, the doorman suggested Cerulean and it turned out great. I'll admit that I didn't enjoy one of the sides, but could tell it was a quality product, just not to my taste. It didn't really matter because there was more than enough even without that one item and it left me with plenty of room for the Chocolate Mousse Bomb, holy cow! That alone was worth the visit.

1  Thank Moss1975

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a great meal last week. Everything was perfect from the surroundings to the server and especially the food. Very inventive choices here. And all perfectly executed. I cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My brother took us to this place on the ground floor of Alexander Hotel (which BTW should be commended for its commissioning of contemporary local artists). Its pretty swanky - the food is nouvelle cuisine (to use an out-dated term) and includes unusual unexpected combinations to great effect. It's not cheap but compared to prices back home in Oz - it's a VG eating experience for the price (all relative I guess). Jack our waiter was quite courteous and knowledgeable about each dish. The staff generally look like they've been picked for fashion & looks! Go to the upstairs bar for a drink and drink in the art - well worth it! I really did not expect this in Indiana (oops!).

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Expected nicer presentations but while food was okay, not spectacular. Scallops and lobster pot pie best and steaks flavorful. Otherwise, nothing to write home about. Decor nice, service okay but forgot spoon for coffee and mixed up the steaks. Not worth price for a special occasion

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Low lighting, lovely decor, unusual serving platters, strange flavour combinations all go together to make this a very hip and happening restaurant in Indy.

The service was distracted and the food when it arrived unusual. I loved the peach soup, however the duck w pasta was flavoured with lemon balsam.

Decide for yourself.