“Return Visit Makes One Wonder”

Pei Wei Asian Diner
Ranked #390 of 2,449 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It had been several months since we had stopped at Pei Wei, even through it is only about a mile from our house. After doing some shopping in the area stores we decided to stop there again. We wondered why it had been so long. It's a great place and the staff is well trained and effective. Though there are places in the area that are a bit more or less expensive, all in all it is hard to beat this one when you just want to get a good Asian meal, and get in and out in a reasonable amount of time.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We tried Pei Wei in Indianapolis after hearing about how PF Chang's owned the chain. The dishes are of a similar quality to PF Chang's, however the menu is definitely different with cheaper options than the parent company. We were pleasantly surprised with the diverse selection of food available. The combos are the way to go if you have a large family. You can choose several of the combo dishes and then share to increase the variety. We did carry-out, but the inside was very nicely decorated. Looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Pei Wei is my go to place for a tasty but reasonably priced lunch. For Appx $7. You can have a soup and lunch portion entree ( my favorite - king Pao chicken) the portions are generous and fresh tasting . The atmosphere is pleasant and inviting. They also have a nice outdoor seating area which is always my first choice for seating , weather permitting.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Good food - similar to PF Changs menu. Priced a little less. Ordered sczchuan chicken with brown rice. Good portion.
Interesting concept by PF Changs. Order and pay at counter like in fast food resturaunt whether you eat there or take it to go. They also have a nice resturaunt and bar area, and serve wine and beer. I ordered to go and had food in about 7-8 minutes.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

If you like a peppery, you'll love the black pepper dish now available at Pei Wei. It is not hot with spice but hot with pepper so if you are not a big pepper fan, order something else. I ordered the black pepper chicken combo lunch which gives you a smaller portion (it's still plenty!) plus rice plus either soup, a spring roll or asian slaw. I opted for the spring roll & with the hot mustard sauce was delicious. I'm happy to have tried the black pepper dish but next time I would probably go back to my favorite, Caramel Chicken. All the dishes I've had here have been wonderful. You can add fried rice to any combo meal for $1.00 more, just like at PF Chang's. The soda/water machine is always a big hit with kids for its uniqueness of how you operate it. Pei Wei is a delicious alternative to PF Chang's although, you get a yummy meal at both.