“nice fine”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

in indi on business, asked the hotel clerk for a recommendation and they said Bynum"s, got there about 6:30 on sat evening, and got right in, nice steak house with a German slant.as everybody else stated portions are large. 32 oz prime rib, 24 porterhouse, which I had, cook well, maybe a little undercooked, as most good steakhouses seem to do, but tasted great. and desert was also good, and large portion. will be back next time in indi

1  Thank benrickbeth

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been here twice and have not been disappointed. But you better go early, this place fills up after 6:30 pm. They open at 5pm. Always great service. Very attentive to your needs, I never ran dry with my drink - soda. The most recent trip I had the rib eye. A large piece of steak aged and cooked to perfection. A real baked potato! You know the one, that has a crisp outer skin and are soft and really hot inside...Love it. I forced the dessert because the dessert tray looked great and fresh. Reese's peanut butter cup pie and coffee to finish off. This is must every time I come here. A great pick and only minutes outside the city. Worth the trip.

1  Thank Travelingaroundtown
Reviewed 6 October 2013

On Saturday October 5, 2013, I was part of a large group who ate here. Most members were locals and they asked me to join they after a business event. I had no idea what to expect. What I got was the best piece of steak I have ever eaten, cooked exactly as I wanted.. Service was top-notch as well. When I have the opportunity to return to Indianapolis I will dine here again.

1  Thank elsiesgirl
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Sure steak is like pizza in that everyone claims to know the best place in their town to eat a good steak! Well there are corporate style steakhouses and then there are family owned places and Bynums is the latter and it has always served our family and friends a great meal with friendly personnel and decent prices...Also unlike other more corporate or business steakhouses where the smallest steak is around USD 30 and generally more than you want, Bynums has steaks that are just perfect for people not wanting half a cow on their plate...Sure it does have some major hunks of meat but that is at the upper end of size and not the bottom! Desserts and sides have also always been tasty and the atmosphere is simply down home gemutlich as we say in Germany! For any Germans reading this know that this is gut burgerlich in Indy even if it is not directly downtown still worth the trip to the SOuthside. Been eating here for something like 12 years and never had a bad experience!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I went to Bynum's last Saturday night and I have to say it was amazing. My husband and I ordered a shrimp cocktail and a big easy lobster for an appetizer. The shrimp cocktail puts St Elmo's to shame. It was perfect!!! The Big Easy lobster ( I think that is what they called it) was great. Deep fried lobster with a spicy sauce that left my mouth wanting for more. I ordered the special, a filet with a bourbon peppercorn sauce. I have to say I have never had a sauce that I've liked as much as I loved this one. The steak was tender and full of flavor and the sauce just put it over the top. It was our anniversary so the server offered us a free cheese cake. Had I known we got a free cheesecake, I would of saved some room. I took our cheese cake to go and it was just as good as the meal. The service was great, they didn't hover over the table, but was always there when we needed them. Thank you Bynum's for making our anniversary perfect. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

1  Thank Ritchie C