“Best Prime Rib”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

They have the best Prime Rib in the state and they are the second best steakhouse in the city. Big portions and a relaxed atmosphere. A little out of the way and the big cows look funny, but worth it.

There are newer reviews for Bynum's Steak House

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Bynum's is a yearly stop on our trips to the Indy 500. Everyone orders steaks and like most steaks some are better than others. Wait staff did a nice job. Soup and salad come with your meal. It is a regular stop each year and we certainly will be back.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We we there on a Saturday night and they were extremely busy. We waited about 30 minutes for a table. The service was great. The potato skins were amazing but my steak was nothing to brag about. I would go back.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Bynum's is a long established restaurant located on the south side of Indianapolis. It had been awhile since I had been there and my wife had never been so after mentioning it she suggested we make the 30 minute drive on a recent Saturday night.

We had made reservations for 6:30 and even though we arrived a bit early we were immediately seated. I noticed the place hadn't changed much over the years but still quaint, warm and inviting. We were immediately attended to and shortly after having our order taken we were delivered bread, salad and onion soup. These, along with an additional side, are included so be forewarned to arrive hungry.

By the time our steaks arrived a few minutes later, a prime rib for me and rib eye for her, the restaurant had pretty much filled up. A lot of families enjoy dining at Bynum's so it does get a bit noisy. I had ordered my prime rib as medium but it seemed to be a bit on the rare side but still very acceptable. My wife's rib eye was perfect. The prime rib is enormous and for the first time I can remember I had to take home some of it to the joyous surprise of our Great Pyrenees and two Labradoodles.

The dinner was a gift to me for keeping our quarter mile drive in the country plowed out so she could get to work this brutally bad winter. I didn't tell her I would have done it anyway without the Bynum's dinner bribe. She was however extremely pleased that the tab was so little for so much. She was definitely a convert and I see more visits to Bynum's in our future.

1  Thank risone
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First time to Bynum's was a real treat. The food and the service was perfect and the causal atmosphere added to the overall experience without pretention. The portion size is very substantial and with nice salad, soup and all sorts of appetizers, you will not leave hungry, you will leave with a nice take home meal for two.

1  Thank WorldlyTravelersIN