“Sushi & Tempura” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sakura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #188 of 2,340 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Sushi & Tempura”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Family and grandparents (6 total) had a very nice early dinner on a Saturday night. ALthough it was quite busy and our Sushi and main dishes took 20 minutes to get to the table, the wait staff was very attentive.
The Sushi and Nigiri was top notch as always. Three of our party had Japanese dinners: Seafood Terriaki & Shrimp Tempurea- both excellent, and the Fried chicken cutlets - good.
This is our favorite Sushi place among many very good ones in the area (Broad Ripple).

• Visited March 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awesome sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Sakura is the best for sushi! You wouldn't know it by the small old building, but inside, the food is awesome! You have to be patient though because there is always a wait to get food. This time it took about 50 minutes to get sushi. Normally about that long - even if calling in a to go order. Well worth the wait. We made reservations to eat in - which was a good move because they were pretty full and steady. Service is okay.

Zionsville, Indiana
“Great Food Poor Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I LOVE Sakura the food is always great but the service stunk. It took over 15 minutes to ut our drink order in because the waitresses were no where to be seen. We placed our order and our waitress was unfriendly and cold.She never cleared our salad plates from the table and we were left to stacking our dishes. Our drinks were never refilled and I had to hunt someone down to get more green tea. My daughter ordered dumplings and the waitress assumed she wanted fried dumplings not steamed ones. She never clearified or asked. When we told her about it she said she could not take the food back and we were stuck with the order. The food was their usual wow, but I left feeling like I was bothering the staff. Not an incentive to go back! :-(

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Very good sushi and their green tea ice cream is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for an early Valentine's dinner while we were in Indy. We made reservations and got their early so we got sat immediately. We ordered our food, I got two vegetable rolls and my husband got the seabass meal which came with a California roll. The food took about 45 minutes to get out to us. But I understand that there was only three sushi chefs and the place was packed and making sushi takes time. The food was amazing though I was unable to finish all of my sushi. We then ordered green tea ice cream and it came out immediately. It is probably the best ice cream I've ever had. Simply amazing.
I would definitely recommend making reservations at this place because it seemed toget pretty packed after we got their. Also, their parking lot is very small so be prepared to have to park somewhere else and walk.

Other than that, a great place to go get some amazing sushi!

Indianapolis
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Outside may look like a run down house, but inside they have their game face on! It's fresh, nice presentation and descent priced! Highly recommend for a 1st time sushi eater, as they are very helpful in descriptions.

• Visited March 2012