“Old Italian at its Best”

Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Old Italian at its Best”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have made two trips in short order! First for a special occasion and then because I could wait to get back there!. Simply the best! You can smell the garlic in the parking lot. The atmosphere, the service, the food! They deliver but why when you can go for a great meal at their restaurant. The soup the salad and that fantastic Veal Marsala with Angel hair pasta! Perfection priced right!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Philblack

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Food, Interesting Building”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My coworkers and I came here after a conference. We all fell in love with our dishes. The portions were generous and the restaurant was extremely well-priced. The building is an old house and we were seated upstairs. It was quaint and reminded me of Europe. The patio area looked very inviting too. This would be great date place.

• Visited March 2014
Elkhart, Indiana
“Great old style Italian”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Whenever we are in Indy we try to stop here for dinner. Especially when it is just the two of us. The old house lends to a cozy and romantic evening.

• Visited March 2014
Richmond
“Great family owned place”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is as close to authentic little old Italian lady food as you are going to find. I have many Italian friends and restaurant seldom come close to home made prepared their Italian grandmother or great aunt. The service is good and so is the food. It is always crowded especially in the winter. They have a lot of outdoor seating. The place is an old house which adds to its charm. The prices are less than the high end chains like Buca-di-Beppo with just as much eclectic charm. I will return next time I dine in Indy. It is like going into a friends house for a big noisy Italian dinner.

• Visited November 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Simply and utterly delicious... Everything!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love Mama Carolla's! It's unique, fun, cool, hip and has the best food! One of our favorite places to take friends and to celebrate the great things that life brings us!

Visited December 2013